• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:26:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Exporting your race lines

Started by rafagas, February 18, 2017, 04:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafagas

The question is simple: Is there a way to export your race lines? Even as a picture would work...

Why I want to do that? With track deformation you can do some motos to see what are the most common lines on the track. After that, I would export a picture (top view from the track) with those lines and put it on Photoshop (or the software that you use to build tracks) to create perfect ruts/berms/bumps... 

That is definitely a better and more eficient way to create ruts because you can get them spot on at the first/second time. Plus, since exporting an updated terrain is a pain in the ass in this game, it would make our lifes a lot easier haha

Cheers.

Asdrael

Not that I know off.

What about a free roam camera in the replay mode? Can get a bird's eye view of the track this way and take a screenshot. Might clip tho, no idea. Then you can just take several screenshots...
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

rafagas

That might do the trick. Not ideal... but could work.
I'll try it when I get a chance.

Cheers

Snappe

You could always copy the deformation .dfm file from your profile and include it with your track release, to give it a base level of deformation.

Snappe

Quote from: geofanatec on February 23, 2017, 07:59:37 PM
How does this work? Do you locate the file in the track folder?

• Locate your track dfm file in your profile: Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\profiles\profileName\tracks\mytrack\testing.dfm
  • Copy the dfm file into your track folder and rename it to the name of your track

Quote from: geofanatec on February 23, 2017, 07:59:37 PM
If you include it and it is put into profile then once you "clean" the track won't it reset it all? So the base would be gone

Yes exactly, it sets the default deformation. So when you are riding the track to create it, you probably want to set the deformation multiplier lower in your profile.ini and ride more laps with various lines (and try not to make any mistakes  :) )

[testing]
deformation_multiplier=0.5

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Snappe, is it possible for the server to run one of these .dfm files that people don't need to have locally?

I'm just thinking out loud here, as a means to race deformed tracks online while having the deformation disabled..

Is that possible? Or will the .dfm be overlooked if deformation is set to 0?