• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:22:25 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

So does anyone actually play this game?

Started by WellsMX524, February 28, 2017, 02:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WellsMX524

I've heard bits and pieces about the netcode and whatnot, but I'm just curious, I see nothing but empty servers constantly.  Kind of disappointing as a new player to start up the game, and only be able to run laps by myself.

Asdrael

I am guilty of spending more time modding stuff than playing lately. But I need to take a break from that and show the world that 450f can be faster than the 250f  ;D
Hoh and on Wednesday I suppose the GTX OEM MX Server is going to switch to the FTT track so that will help.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Hang in there Wells, it will come mate. As soon as the new beta drops the servers fill up. Hopefully this time the player base will stay. I have friends though that are seasoned mx sim pros and they are ready to play but are held bike by what they call "Street bike" physics
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

WellsMX524

I'm just super stoked about this game, honestly.  I see a ton of potential.

Asdrael

tbh - I have kept an eye on the number of people visiting the forums daily and it seems to have been growing again lately. I guess we can thank the usual suspects for their YouTube presence (clean laps GDub godamnit :p) And since I'm mostly done (until TFC sends me his bikes over COUGH) with my modding spree for now I'll be playing online exclusively. The 125 race was fun yesterday, still bumped that we had to reset when I got the holeshot :D
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PizzaChet

I've been purposely staying away until all of this content change stabilizes. It's dizzying just watching others go through it.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

BadStar

Quote from: WellsMX524 on March 01, 2017, 05:32:07 AM
I'm just super stoked about this game, honestly.  I see a ton of potential.

No worries Wells! There is a plenty who play but sometimes it goes through "quiet" times. It has been worth waiting through each slow time bc the upside is so rewarding!

For ex, I am unable to play anything due to work but soon enough Ill be on plenty again!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Quote from: Asdrael on March 02, 2017, 06:38:29 PM
tbh - I have kept an eye on the number of people visiting the forums daily and it seems to have been growing again lately. I guess we can thank the usual suspects for their YouTube presence (clean laps GDub godamnit :p) And since I'm mostly done (until TFC sends me his bikes over COUGH) with my modding spree for now I'll be playing online exclusively. The 125 race was fun yesterday, still bumped that we had to reset when I got the holeshot :D

What's a clean lap..? :) you guys know I live promoting the crashes
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

tbh compared to me trying to figure out 450F setups on SX tracks, you are the cleanest person alive  ;D

(currently doing it on GTX server btw).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

loinen

I can't connect to any server, in b4 sometimes a single sm-server on hojes in the past was a place to come, but no one for b5. Guess, most of ppl are just waiting for online fixes.

PizzaChet

Quote from: loinen on March 02, 2017, 08:52:13 PM...sometimes a single sm-server on hojes in the past was a place to come...
That's where I would be alone online for long enough to do 70 laps sometimes. This weekend I'll give the new content a go. Hopefully I won't have to uninstall/reinstall.  :'(
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

loinen

I think one stock mx tracks/bikes server running 24/7 somewhere in Europe is required, maybe this will make ppl come play together because many, i'm sure, tried those gtx servers (ping ~ 140 to them for me btw, i'm from moscow), failed to join and all. I tried my own stock one last weekend, 2 guys with names never seen here came in, i had kinda race with one, that was quite enjoyable despite lags. I think i'll try again and leave it working while at home, hopefully someone will join. I want this sim alive! :)

teeds

There are 2 stock servers running all the time, one in Europe.

:)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

loinen

Ah, and in case someone has connection issue just like me..Finally i solved it yesterday (i hope at least for one gtx server). I removed everything from my docs, tyres and bikes, then redownloaded everything from sync shop. Actually i had everything from forum but not in the same sub-folders as in sync-shop and also some old bikes (prev betas) were present in my mxb, now my bikes are clean of oldies, tracks are copied in both, tracks' root and in categorized subfolders as sync-shop requires, i see two same tracks in game menu but i don'care because everything works. Aaand here is probably a big problem for unexperienced riders/newcomers - solving it may become quite a pain in the ass.

loinen

Quote from: teeds on March 08, 2017, 05:18:58 PM
There are 2 stock servers running all the time, one in Europe.

:)

hm, i'm not sure i'm able to see them in in-game browser. Whats the names? I cant check right now, will do it after tomorrow.