• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:52:14 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Freeze Crash

Started by JeremyMx21, March 10, 2017, 07:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyMx21

I'm getting some random crashes where the game will freeze mid game play (Kinda like online play when someone joins) only it instantly cuts signal to my monitor and freezes my PC where all i can here is the rev limiter and i have to restart it.
Its happened while online and while in practice.
Curious if anyone has had this crash or knows whats causing.

teeds

Sounds like you might have something wrong with your system. When you say it freezes but you still hear sound, is the sound still changing when you apply or release the throttle? Also you say you restart, you can do a normal restart or you have to hit the reset button?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Wedgewood

I've had many weird crashes that seem to lock up or freeze my pc also with the rev limiter noise.  If I wait a few seconds and hit enter a few times I'll get the close or wait for program window.  also using alt-tab to switch to another window also helps.  I haven't ever figured out what was causing it.

JeremyMx21

Quote from: teeds on March 10, 2017, 10:41:35 AM
When you say it freezes but you still hear sound, is the sound still changing when you apply or release the throttle? Also you say you restart, you can do a normal restart or you have to hit the reset button?
Its like a full lock up so no controller or keyboard input does anything. I Have to hit the hardware power button on the case.
Quote from: Wedgewood on March 10, 2017, 05:30:47 PM
If I wait a few seconds and hit enter a few times I'll get the close or wait for program window.  also using alt-tab to switch to another window also helps.  I haven't ever figured out what was causing it.
It cuts the signal to my monitor so I'm unable to Ctrl-Esc or Alt-Tab

Bj Slice

April 03, 2017, 12:27:17 AM #4 Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:44:30 AM by Bj Slice
Do you get this windows?

whether online or offline, I am getting these errors and it freeze the game and the sound of the engine is frozen too not changing at all, and I don't need to restart my pc I just close the error messages and restart the game. But the problem is it happens every so often that when you are in the middle of an online game, it ruins it. I hope this should be fix as it is so frustrating.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Twitch135

I've gotten the Runtime message a lot, but mostly get a message saying another program caused mx bikes to stop working properly. Doesn't freeze my system, just have to close and restart game. The times I run into this is usually in replay mode when I put in slow motion. In case this helps, my pc specs are Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz  6GB Ram Win 10pro 64bit.
Direct X 12.0, Geforce GT 730. Not the best, but it works :)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

JeremyMx21

My Monitor looses signal and goes black so i never see any error windows.
I Haven't installed Beta6 yet so i don't know it may fix it.

Twitch135

April 19, 2017, 05:27:49 PM #7 Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:29:20 PM by Twitch135
Another thing I have noticed is, my game crashes if I let the game sit for a while. Example if I press "esc" to bring up menu I then set my controller down. When I come back 20-30 mins later the game had crashed with a message saying " MxBikes has encountered a problem and had to close." (something along those lines) I come across this at least 3 times every time I play. I haven't experienced this problem while playing online yet. PC not the best but it works.

specs are Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz  6GB Ram Win 10pro 64bit.
Direct X 12.0, Geforce GT 730.

Bj Slice

oh by the way, I resolved my issue by completely reinstalling the beta 6 update, deleting everything first in the program directory, and in the my documents folder under piboso leaving only the license.ini based on the instruction on how to install beta 6. Since then, I never had issues at all.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Twitch135

Quote from: Bj Slice on April 19, 2017, 05:40:21 PM
oh by the way, I resolved my issue by completely reinstalling the beta 6 update, deleting everything first in the program directory, and in the my documents folder under piboso leaving only the license.ini based on the instruction on how to install beta 6. Since then, I never had issues at all.
Brain fart, I forgot about the documents folder LOL. I must have forgotten that when I installed "one shop sync." I was wondering why I was having problems after installing that. Thanks for the reminder, off to re-install everything again.  ::)

Twitch135

So far so good, no crashes since fresh install and sync. Didn't crash while cycling through the tracks fast like it did before. So thats a good sign, thanks.

Bj Slice

nice to know bro. Let's have a practice session again.

Twitch135

Quote from: Bj Slice on April 20, 2017, 07:25:50 PM
nice to know bro. Let's have a practice session again.
Haha I just had another crash. Heading out right now, but I should be on later.

Twitch135

Well I guess I was wrong and the fresh install didn't fix my crashing issues. Before whenever the game crashed it was from cycling through the tracks fast, or just letting the game sit without any play. Now the game is constantly crashing and freezing during racing, which I never had happen. On JS7 compound, after bike loads to track I ride maybe 100ft and it now freezes where I have to shut my PC down. The window's button won't let me get to  my desktop like the last game crashes. Does anyone know if there are programs that can interfere with this game? I turned off all my virus and malware programs. Think maybe its sync shop still running in background? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. :)

Bj Slice, sorry didn't make it online bud. Hopefully I'll get this worked out today to get online.

teeds

It doesn't sound like the game is at fault Twitch, maybe something is overheating? Have you tried running another similar game or maybe a bench marking program to see if your system is ok?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba