• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:40:58 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Fun Event @ 2016 Anaheim 1 - Wed 22nd March 20:30 UTC - MX2 OEM Bikes

Started by teeds, March 20, 2017, 07:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Quote from: Asdrael on March 22, 2017, 10:48:41 AM
Gotta say that running with people Online is very fun. Buy the "gravity bug" kinda kills racing, especially in SX. I can't ride next to anyone as I have no idea which line they take in rhythm sections...

Yea the online racing is a bit funky now, probably be stuck with this for a while too. Does turning down the bandwidth actually help with this issue?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Asdrael

Quote from: teeds on March 22, 2017, 01:40:54 PMDoes turning down the bandwidth actually help with this issue?
I'm under the impression it does, but given the small sample size, can't say for sure.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

teeds

I've put my SX server on low for now, lets see if it helps. I wonder if with deform off we'll get b5 behaviour, anyone tried it?

teeds

I highly recommend that everyone sets their reverse buttons, so you can backup if you get stuck facing a tough block. Look for "Slow Speed" on the Input 2 page. Also don't forget you can press and hold reset for 3 seconds to get your bike back on track facing the correct way, single press resets the bike only where it stopped.

Also please can everyone try setting their bandwidth to Low in Misc, it seems to help with the vertical warping.

teeds

Not sure if this is going to work in B6, maybe it's the track but whatever it is the server keeps crashing with an ODE math error and not sure what can be changed to help?

Asdrael

Quote from: teeds on March 22, 2017, 09:28:07 PM
Not sure if this is going to work in B6, maybe it's the track but whatever it is the server keeps crashing with an ODE math error and not sure what can be changed to help?

No idea. Are you still running in Low?

(core'd, stuck outside atm).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

teeds

Was on low now put it to med, just crashes for me when joining. Maybe I try with no deform.

Asdrael

Quote from: teeds on March 22, 2017, 09:32:43 PM
Was on low now put it to med, just crashes for me when joining. Maybe I try with no deform.

To be frank, I think it's the bikes. Skins and models are simply too big. We need to cut this down (I'm just doing physics not the actual models so gotta find someone to blame: p).

Edit: Teeds casually starting a rainy SX :p Keep deform on, it's more fun ;)
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

Thanks for organizing and sorry for the headache. Somehow the server wasn't cooperating.

Was a good fun race or 2, I just wish the netcode would allow some closer racing. Starts were a mess, but that was to be expected ;) There was some warping going on, especially around the whoops and when a bike is down (holy molly the spin). Too bad Rubens got away after I got gangbanged in turn 2, wasn't able to catch up enough.

I also realize that with the "new" insta reset, I should let some more space between tuffblocks on the next tracks.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

satanas

salut a tous .... dommage pour hier soir ;;;; je n ais pas pu acceder au depart ;;;; vraiment dommage