• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:38:31 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

First Person view

Started by daffernn, October 01, 2014, 03:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffernn

the only things i dont really like right now are that i cant see the gear im in while first person also id like to be able to have a noticable difference from sitting and standing.

MotoRogers499

If you play with the sit button long enough you can actually start to feel the difference. I dont really have to look anymore. If this is too much of a problem you can always check the direct box i think? so you have to hold the button to sit

daffernn

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on October 01, 2014, 03:27:10 PM
If you play with the sit button long enough you can actually start to feel the difference. I dont really have to look anymore. If this is too much of a problem you can always check the direct box i think? so you have to hold the button to sit
i just like to have it so it looks like im sitting thats all. you can see a slight movement when pressing the sit button but nothing to what it actually looks like sitting.

onlyonetone

Quote from: daffernn on October 01, 2014, 03:15:38 PM
the only things i dont really like right now are that i cant see the gear im in while first person also id like to be able to have a noticable difference from sitting and standing.

Go into Documents/piboso/mxbikes/profiles/your profile/ open the profile.ini then scroll down to fov and you can put it past 90. I ride at 125. Much better. Note if you change your settings in game it will default back to 90 and you will have to go back in and change it.

PizzaChet

Hi all. This is an impressive 1st effort at dirtbikes PiBoSo! I was just playing it and after changing the FOV, I could see inside the arms of the model. Would it be possible to allow the riders POV to slew forward without changing the FOV to get a bit more in front of the arms for those who choose a wide FOV? IMHO it would make for a more realistic 1st person view. Thanks.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

ExistentialEgg

If you wanted to see the gear as a notification on screen when in first person you can use this plugin: http://simraces.com/MXB/PluginDepot
I tried it out for a bit. I REALLY like the helmet visible on the screen. The only problem though is that it stays up even in 3rd person view.

I agree though that it would be nice if the camera was adjusted some so we don't clip through the rider's arms and we could see a bit more of the bike in the FOV. I feel like the camera should be at default where it is when you lean the rider back.
------------------------------------------------------------
artist, gamer, youtuber, bipedal organism, and observant fool.

HornetMaX

Quote from: ExistentialEgg on October 07, 2014, 03:05:31 AM
If you wanted to see the gear as a notification on screen when in first person you can use this plugin: http://simraces.com/MXB/PluginDepot
I tried it out for a bit. I REALLY like the helmet visible on the screen. The only problem though is that it stays up even in 3rd person view.
The only problem is that users do not take the time to read the plugin manual (.pdf file that comes with the plugin).

The plugin is also available here on this forum: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=180.0

MaX.

daffernn

i did look at this and too much is on my screen i only really want the gear number on my screen sometimes i loose track and try and start the bike in like 4th when i fall. its not a big think but it was just a suggestion.

RiccoChicco

Before telling something isn't good, it's always better to test it... ::)

Anyway, the plugin allows to have only what you want to be displayed (for example the Gear number).

Again, try it before asking questions (and read the manual).

PiBoSo

The option to show the HUD in the onboard views has been added to Beta2.

daffernn

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 07, 2014, 01:59:17 PM

The option to show the HUD in the onboard views has been added to Beta2.
Ok great awesome work :)

GDUBMX

i know this doesnt really relate to the OP but.. since testing out 1st person mode i feel that my times and consistency has improved dramatically! plus it adds a better level of fun, i just wish i could throw it down like JS7 and scrub some jumps and whip like a boss. Im more like Gary Goon the weekend warrior out there getting major Boner Air! :) but hey we're all here to shred in the dirt no matter what eh!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PizzaChet

Quote from: gdubmx on October 07, 2014, 08:13:55 PM...since testing out 1st person mode i feel that my times and consistency has improved dramatically! plus it adds a better level of fun...
Glad to hear it! I've always wondered why people want to "cheat" and use the out-of-body-experience view, you can't in iRacing. You should be limited to real-life views in a sim and get fantasy views in arcade-type titles. They browbeat the creator of MX Sim to include 3rd person. Ironic.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

HornetMaX

I don't really know why, but I find the MXB 1st person views (especially the 2nd one) much more bearable than GPB ones: I've been almost immediately at ease with MXB 1st person but I'm still not in GPB.

MaX.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I don't understand the issue some people have with 3rd person. It's in game for a reason, it's in 99% of simulators.. if you don't like using it then great! But why insult people that do? Is that what this community is all about?

I doubt you would see things like '3rd person is cheating' on the gp bikes forum.. it's probably more at home on the mxs forum and I know most people here want more from the mx bikes community.

Please give it a rest.