• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:34 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Paints Creation Guide

Started by Snappe, October 01, 2014, 03:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seney8

Does this bike paint template work for all bike models or only a specific model? I did a quick test by changing a few colors and followed the steps but the packed .pnt file didn't work. Thanks!

Sv3n

Can anyone explain what these "rider_r" etc means?
Ingame "Sv3n"

jtrs_61

So I decided to try my hand at creating some gear... I downloaded the rider template from the download page and learned enough from GDUB's tutorial from a couple years ago to create some old JT gear I had a while back...  I got it all lookin purdy good and put it in game.  On the main menu the rider looks fine but as soon as I go to track there's a weird shine on the gear.... 

I tried "packing" from paintED with and without the norms, but neither seems to have an effect.  what am i missing?  is there a layer i need to turn off in gimp that would keep the gear from looking hard and glossy? 

At first this gear was just for me... but after some experience creating it i will prolly do a few other colorways, but would like to figure out this weird shine thing before i release anything.

Lancer2004

Quote from: jtrs_61 on September 23, 2020, 03:24:56 PMSo I decided to try my hand at creating some gear... I downloaded the rider template from the download page and learned enough from GDUB's tutorial from a couple years ago to create some old JT gear I had a while back...  I got it all lookin purdy good and put it in game.  On the main menu the rider looks fine but as soon as I go to track there's a weird shine on the gear.... 

It's cause you don't have the spec on, but no one show's how in the hell to get a spec on

I tried "packing" from paintED with and without the norms, but neither seems to have an effect.  what am i missing?  is there a layer i need to turn off in gimp that would keep the gear from looking hard and glossy? 

At first this gear was just for me... but after some experience creating it i will prolly do a few other colorways, but would like to figure out this weird shine thing before i release anything.

SQUEEBIS PEEBIS

Blackout_STi

Does anyone possess a vector version of the rider template? I've resorted to image tracing the PSD layers... All I'm after is the "cutout" of the jersey and pants. I am not familiar with game development, but I have to imagine it's not much different from other industries, so I'm guessing that somebody has a source file for Illustrator?

Thanks in advance!

Imlaazy

March 25, 2021, 10:47:06 AM #20 Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:48:48 AM by Imlaazy
Quote from: Sv3n on August 05, 2020, 06:29:53 PMCan anyone explain what these "rider_r" etc means?
Can someone answer this question for me? rider_r and rider_n, and do you just pack it with your rider tga file or does it have to go in photoshop with it?

dirttrack17m

So I made myself some KTM graphics, I got PaintED and put it into the bike that I wanted to run it as. The graphics on the in game bike don't change though. It still only shows the stock graphics. Can someone help me?

Simo_Cavi.07

hi, I tried several times to make liveries for the motorcycles but every time I selected them in the game, the original ones came out :'(
Please help me

Vader Viovod

Ello ello fellow MXB peeps. anyone help me on how to upload skins here so people can DL em?? i'm new so be kind lol i made a full lap once so i feel i'm vetted in. lol

Resolute Kraken

Quote from: Vader Viovod on January 08, 2022, 11:56:13 AMEllo ello fellow MXB peeps. anyone help me on how to upload skins here so people can DL em?? i'm new so be kind lol i made a full lap once so i feel i'm vetted in. lol

Just upload to Mega or MediaFire and put a link in the Paints thread - and upload to mxb-mods.com

Vader Viovod

oh Mr. Mc Kracken.. Theodore Bundy says... i pretty drunk butsax sounds legit lol and I tried to sign up om MxB-mods got a grey activation link button in my email. :( hook one your very first YT followers up? lol back when we both were trying to make enduro tracks on MXGP!! ffs lol and yes i may or may not be drunkerd lol

BtdTRactors12

my liveries that i create do not work do not work how can i fix this?

donmanmx

when im picking my skin in game that ive made the skins is just clear as a stock bike.. what im doing wrong?
i use frostys kxf psd btw!

bowii

livery.tga is not working
the game loads ne normal paint

calus_290

Hello guys how i'm supposed to block my paints so any one that download it can't open it with painted??