• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:47 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Fun Event @ Matterley Basin - Wed 5th April 20:30 UTC - MX2 OEM Bikes

Started by teeds, April 03, 2017, 04:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Announcing a Fun Race at Matterley Basin (Winchester) on MX2 OEM Bikes

Wednesday 5th April 20:30 UTC
All Riders Welcome

Could't run a race last week but back this week with another MX classic.

Designed in 2006, and created in only 2 weeks, the Matterley Basin Circuit is on of the most beloved tracks on the Race Calendar. In 2006, the circuit held a British Motocross Grand Prix, and a Motocross of Nations. The Motocross of Nations brought in an unimaginable crowd due to several circumstances, mostly being Stefan Everts last ever professional career race, the likes of Bubba Stewart, Ivan Tadesco and Ryan Villopoto.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Details

To participate you will require this MX2-OEM pack containing bikes and tyres -
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B69-MKQxCg7IbUdGaURhWVFJd00&export=download
(FYI - If you been on any MXB server with MODs in the last few days, you already have these)

And this track -
The track comes with the game.

2 servers will be used for this event, 1 server will be running practice for all and when the event starts a separate server will be used to hold the races. Those taking part will be called to join the race server and when finished will need to return to the practice server to await their next race call. The heat races will be short to keep waiting times down with the main being slightly longer.

The heats will be setup to run in different formats depending on the number of riders but should also allow for lag free racing that can be replayed to a decent standard. Heat and final races will currently contain a maximum of 8 riders, maybe lower depending on turnout. A single race might be held if numbers are too low to run heats. For initial heat selection names will be drawn at random.

Due to what I think are net code limitations in Beta6 I will only be running 8 people in races for now (as it stands with 8 already in a server joining seems to be a lottery). If I can figure out a way to organise larger races I will but for now this will have to suffice.

Collisions and deformation will be on.

Entries

Post Below to reserve a place including your Name and Race number (make sure not to post a number already chosen). If racers turn up without placing their names here they can race if there are free slots, but if 8 signed up racers show up there will be no room.
With the low number of possible entries please make sure you can and will attend the race before signing up.

Entry List - Max 8
1/. teeds #321
2/. doc1 #4
3/. satanas #757
4/. philiaN #389
5/. stevo #711
6/. Yann #614
7/. Morgan #124
8/. Chris Schmieder #5

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

teeds

Results

Race 1

1/. teeds
2/. Stevo
3/. Bj Slice
4/. satanas

Race 2

1/. teeds
2/. Bj Slice
3/. Stevo
4/. satanas

stevo

we camped at matterley last weekend in our bus......count me in too
stevo 711

Bj Slice

BJ #9

Can you move it to 2100 UTC? I would really love to join the race.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

teeds

No sorry BJ, if it goes on for a long time due to problems, which it has in the past, it'll finish too late and I need my beauty sleep  :) Ideally need everyone ready for a 20.30 race start.

CSchmied986

teeds

Full now, but if people want to add their names i'll give them first refusal if there's any no shows.

teeds

We just raced the practice server to save hassle.

Thanks to all that raced.

Bj Slice

Quote from: teeds on April 05, 2017, 10:29:57 PM
We just raced the practice server to save hassle.

Thanks to all that raced.

Thanks for hosting it Teeds, appreciate it much! One more holeshot and I will get a toyota tundra truck. lol!

Video of the race on my screen
Race 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjJ4g36fBV8&feature=youtu.be
Race 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K84Cdjy61Dg&feature=youtu.be
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

CSchmied986

From now on should all bikes be allowed? Sometimes I really like riding the 09crf, though the 96 cr125 should not be allowed for obvious reasons.