• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:53:21 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Will 'Steam' change the Piboso franchise?

Started by CSchmied986, April 04, 2017, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

Given that the Piboso game titles all still have quite a small active community (maybe 10-20 people online at any time), and with KRP getting the Steam green light, if there are suddenly thousands more players, will there be a mass company expansion? If so, how might that effect the games and their progress? Just something I thought was interesting.

By the way, loved this video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQgM1D7BtIo

BadStar

I personally think Pibs his a pretty passionate/hardliner style dev and will stick to his guns.

I think the community will be a wreck instantly. Many many people will bash the hell out of MXB bc its not Reflex or Mx sim.

I think steam is great bc Pibs deserves the funding it would bring..

But,

We would need to set-up a white listed community page and have applicants to join. People who are passionate sim/mx'rs who aren't trolls can join the MXB OG's forum :p
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Actually.. I bet you would suprised.

If MXB went to steam, many people would buy it with little regard to reading or researching..then once in game realize it's hard and time consuming just to ride.

Steam is a diff beast..people buy everything on steam bc its an addiction so I'm pretty sure there would be a nice flood of arcades instanstly
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

CSchmied986

At the moment, Piboso titles are a bit of an underground community, and most who have bought them only know they exist from just happening to stumble upon them, or knowing someone that did. I believe that with the countless Steam users, and massive number of people that just love racing sims, I would be surprised if the communities did not grow by at least 10 times. Even those that are not hardcore sim fans, I think it may have a bit of interest just because it VR, because most VR games are still novelty trash. And sadly, having a crappy forum community with a bunch of d-bags only means that these titles have succeeded. While I've been playing MXS for 9 years and the community has turned to trash, it just means that it's had success, unlike the 15 or so guys on here that are actually active members. But I hope these games explode, because it will only benefit the overall product in the long run.

Rutjes

What pressure will the Steam release of KRP put on Piboso? Steam reviews can be very unforgiving, and that could turn Piboso's focus mainly to KRP. I sure hope not tho, this game is really growing on me. If MXB keeps seeing regular updates I will try to support him by getting the other games eventually.
2004 Honda CR125R
1984 Chevrolet K30 M1028

GDUBMX

Ya know that's a really great point. Personally I know I'm pro piboso but I think krp will just dominate steam. Let's face it, if you are some chump buying it cus it's a racing game them what's the first thing your negative review will say? "fucking dumb controls, hard to control, shit graphics etc etc" once those people have refunded and the mature sim guys give it a go it will no doubt be very positive. There is no kart sims out there except for that kartkraft which to be honest looks like more smoke but no fire. I just hope like you say Rutjes that the attention doesn't go full krp for the next year while Piboso scrabble to make sure the demands of the reviews are met
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Pretty sure he will quit, retire in Thailand and him and Snappe are going to spend the rest of their days throwing 1$ bills around in Phuket strip joints.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

April 05, 2017, 05:13:05 PM #7 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:17:28 PM by BadStar
Geo, there is a large amount of people on steam who buy any dirt bike game that comes out and they are ruthless people lol.

They trash every little problem about every detail.

No need to argue but I feel you underestimate steam and its users buy into many many games. They buy early access like it's free and then rage bc the games aren't complete.

Anyone I'm done with this. It was just a statement and back to it.

1)Steam will bring deserved money
2)we (passionate/mature) will need a whitelisted forum group

This is why games like Arma have major white listed gaming groups. Pretty much anything on steam does.

And front page?

Me and thousands of steam users monitor new releases on steam like crack.. doesn't matter if it's front page at all
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

PiBoSo

Steam has 125 million active users.
nuff said  :P

BadStar

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 05, 2017, 06:42:22 PM

Steam has 125 million active users.
nuff said  :P

Yep..

This + "steam workshop" and we would have content for ages
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

loinen

Few words about negative opinions on steam or anywhere else. As an active supporter of any quality sim racing project (i own license or even two of all car/bike sims except too old ones) i always try to counter-balance that shitflow from narrow people by adding my comments about good gameplay nuances like physics, content, cool features etc. Maybe someone says it's a waste of time but i think such kind of support might help those projects not to die. We all could watch this type of things actively and do some little work. Same regarding new ppl asking for help or even stupid questions - sometimes they do not receive any answers but answers needed.

Snappe

Quote from: loinen on April 06, 2017, 11:33:37 AM
i always try to counter-balance that shitflow from narrow people by adding my comments about good gameplay nuances like physics, content, cool features etc. Maybe someone says it's a waste of time but i think such kind of support might help those projects not to die.

Positive comments and feedback is super important, especially for indie devs. So sincerely thankyou for taking the time.
It seems that haters have a lot more energy when it comes to commenting / leaving reviews so some balance is needed!

A problem I think we'll face is that everyone who already owns KRP / MXB will be unable to leave a review, so we're at the mercy of new players. At least we're not going through the beta (early access) phase on Steam.
Managing the Steam community for KRP & MXB is going to be.... Interesting.

Asdrael

Quote from: Snappe on April 06, 2017, 04:26:28 PMA problem I think we'll face is that everyone who already owns KRP / MXB will be unable to leave a review, so we're at the mercy of new players. At least we're not going through the beta (early access) phase on Steam.
Managing the Steam community for KRP & MXB is going to be.... Interesting.

I'll buy a key again to leave a comment and I'll do a give away of my former key most likely. But I think there is a way to activate a steam key with a third party key somewhere... can't for the life of me remember how to tho.

And regarding community management - have you thought about having voluntary moderators / community links? I'm not sure if it's supported by Steam, but that's a lot of work off the devs shoulders that a few good people can take charge of. (Saying that cause I was some kind of elected community link in another game, used to be a filter between devs and players - both ways -, which was somewhat useful but I did decline forum moderator powers tyvm :p ).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Snappe

Quote from: Asdrael on April 06, 2017, 04:30:34 PM
I'll buy a key again to leave a comment and I'll do a give away of my former key most likely. But I think there is a way to activate a steam key with a third party key somewhere... can't for the life of me remember how to tho.
I think there is a way to activate old keys on Steam, so nobody should have to re-purchase. But only keys bought through steam are able to leave reviews.

And regarding community management - have you thought about having voluntary moderators / community links?
If the communities get too big then yeah, I think we're going to have to look at recruiting some mods / community managers!

GDUBMX

Quote from: Snappe on April 06, 2017, 04:46:16 PM
I think there is a way to activate old keys on Steam, so nobody should have to re-purchase. But only keys bought through steam are able to leave reviews.

And regarding community management - have you thought about having voluntary moderators / community links?
If the communities get too big then yeah, I think we're going to have to look at recruiting some mods / community managers!

Thats not entirely true Snappe, I've been giving hundreds of keys off other developers to later on get steam activated. With their new review system they have loads of options of how you you obtained a key, such as received for free, other purchases and review key etc. It's alot better system now.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />