• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:37:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Will 'Steam' change the Piboso franchise?

Started by CSchmied986, April 04, 2017, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loinen

Quote from: Snappe on April 06, 2017, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: Asdrael on April 06, 2017, 04:30:34 PM
I'll buy a key again to leave a comment and I'll do a give away of my former key most likely. But I think there is a way to activate a steam key with a third party key somewhere... can't for the life of me remember how to tho.
I think there is a way to activate old keys on Steam, so nobody should have to re-purchase. But only keys bought through steam are able to leave reviews.

I have rFactor 2 since beginning (before ISI decided to switch to Steam), once they started their Steam transition, I got my new key from them for activation through Steam, review is allowed. So, I guess, you guys can do the same. The only problem as for me - I don't want to be fully attached to Steam, today Steam exists, tomorrow may not, I don't want to lose games I plan to play during my whole life.

Snappe

Oh interesting, they must have changed it. Thanks both for the info!

BadStar

Quote from: loinen on April 06, 2017, 11:33:37 AM
Few words about negative opinions on steam or anywhere else. As an active supporter of any quality sim racing project (i own license or even two of all car/bike sims except too old ones) i always try to counter-balance that shitflow from narrow people by adding my comments about good gameplay nuances like physics, content, cool features etc. Maybe someone says it's a waste of time but i think such kind of support might help those projects not to die. We all could watch this type of things actively and do some little work. Same regarding new ppl asking for help or even stupid questions - sometimes they do not receive any answers but answers needed.

I'm with ya brother.. but we are what they tend to call Fan Boy's...
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

The thing is, reviews flocking or not - if the Steam integration of user-made content is good and shows activity, the game will be alive. (I still wish there were a minimum of time played before being able to leave a review but well, Steam sucks and has been the bane of gaming for a long time already. NERDS UNITE!)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

PizzaChet

Quote from: loinen on April 06, 2017, 06:45:51 PMI don't want to be fully attached to Steam, today Steam exists, tomorrow may not, I don't want to lose games I plan to play during my whole life.
Quote from: Asdrael on April 06, 2017, 10:19:12 PMSteam sucks and has been the bane of gaming for a long time already.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

loinen

April 07, 2017, 12:08:03 AM #20 Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:10:36 AM by loinen
Quote from: BadStar on April 06, 2017, 10:12:57 PM
I'm with ya brother.. but we are what they tend to call Fan Boy's...

Yeah, right, but I don't care what they think, I don't even care about changing their opinions. My target is people who need more info to take decision before buying, newbies who never tried games like this - i'm kinda fighting for their interest and more ppl on servers ofc. Even if one or two will come it's already great, big things begin from small ones :) i had battles with real fanboys stating that mx bikes has awful physics whilst mxsim (or even reflex sometimes haha), as they said, is the most realistic and simply the best. I cant pass this bullshit because I see they didn't try MXB much and I can easily tell what's wrong with their judgement. Sometimes it's not that easy, ppl can be very ignorant, blind, agressive, so you should be patient, just do what you do. For me it's kinda psychological training as well, not a useless action.

loinen

April 07, 2017, 12:29:48 AM #21 Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:31:31 AM by loinen
Quote from: Snappe on April 06, 2017, 07:01:26 PM
Oh interesting, they must have changed it. Thanks both for the info!

BTW more info for you, guys. Useful info hopefully to avoid mistakes when time for Steam will come. In case of rFactor2 going to Steam there was a short period when both standalone and steam-versions were getting updates/support. Then ISI discontinued standalone version. Not sure why but read somewhere that it was hard to keep both versions alive - too much work. Maybe that's because of the sim architecture, it had its own autodownload system for mod and core updates before steam, which probably required too much. Plus, steam version has Steam Workshop feature - once you signed for a mod all updates for that mod to be installed automatically (something similar to our One Stop Sync-Shop for MXB).

CSchmied986

Possible solution. Those who currently own the game are given a promo code to download on Steam free? Then just have the game run only through Steam. If thats possible.

GDUBMX

I imagine it will be a similar process to iracing or elite dangerous where you login to say this site and choose to convert your version to a steam version and simply get a steam key. So you start at zero hours on steam. Would be cool if Piboso opted in to the private beta program on steam where we get keys now and he pushed builds and fixes through that. But let's be realistic here guys, it's gonna be years away yet I imagine. If he decided to release now as an early access  and people had to wait a 6 months to a year for each update the game would be raped and his reputation from the steamtards will be tarnished and those dreaded reviews and refunds will flood.

This is why I requested a roadmap, I wanna see some milestones and possible time slots/deadlines of certain goals etc. I guess this is unlike other Devs who do this though as they all have 1 game they concentrate on.

Please Snappe can you do us all a favour and let us know realistically when you picture mx bikes to be completed? We have been in the beta program for 3 years now. What with the competition coming up with mxgp 3 and supercross 2018 by milestone Hahah that was a joke... But yeah it would be nice. Thanks mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Snappe

April 07, 2017, 01:06:50 PM #24 Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:24:35 PM by Snappe
Quote from: GDUBMX on April 07, 2017, 09:56:36 AM
Please Snappe can you do us all a favour and let us know realistically when you picture mx bikes to be completed? We have been in the beta program for 3 years now.

By completed do you mean when we stop working on it and start on MXB2?

;D

GDUBMX

Quote from: Snappe on April 07, 2017, 01:06:50 PM
Please Snappe can you do us all a favour and let us know realistically when you picture mx bikes to be completed? We have been in the beta program for 3 years now.

By completed do you mean when we stop working on it?

i mean when its on steam and out of beta

BadStar

Like I said, I am with ya Loinen and fully agree.

I also am an actual Fan Boy so it doesn't hurt my feelings.. I mean, aren't we all fans of this game like madmen?

ALl in all, steam would be great for the funds, workshop and updating abilities it brings!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Mace-x

Quote from: GDUBMX on April 07, 2017, 01:23:51 PM
Quote from: Snappe on April 07, 2017, 01:06:50 PM

By completed do you mean when we stop working on itand start on MXB2?

i mean when its on steam and out of beta

Wait wait, let the man speak....  ;D

Sooo... this mxb2 you´re talking about  ;D

GDUBMX

haha i didnt see that he added that after..

pacopastor34

In my humble opinion beta status is not a problem ATM,  there are several games in early access with thousands of players or even with dlcs!!! Let's keep working guys, I'm not an expert and I hope don't sound rude but maybe your website is not the best to sell anything. If I would developed a game as good as MXB/GPB... I would spend a bit more time in marketing. I mean, with due respect you should try to catch more players  and sell your games better. There are social media, events, contacts, GOOGLE!, and the fucking mothership STEAM, I don't know if you have salesman/marketer in the team but you need it.

I hope you to release all games in steam and cover you in gold, or at least to have enough money to keep what you love!

Thank you for your work pibosoTeam!