• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:25 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

teach how to build bikes and/or maps

Started by LastFriday, June 29, 2017, 06:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LastFriday

Alright, guys. I'm just about 14 and I am very familiar with programming and all that stuff.
I was thinking if someone could maybe just help me and teach me how to create bikes, (standard skins, engine mapping, and how to use blender) then there would be models coming out right and left, and maybe including tracks.
It is the begining of summer so I am home all day and I have a ton of time to work on it. I am willing to work on this every day because who doesnt like new models?!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I get your enthusiasm and its great, but I doubt any one person has the time, knowledge or patience to teach one person all those things.

For Blender, follow lessons on YouTube. For the MXB side of things, check out the PiBoSo wiki. For paints, you just need to learn a paint program. There are a ton of useful threads here on the forum for track creation and paints if you check the relevant forums.

If you have any questions about anything specific, there are lots of helpful people here, but again, specific things like if you're struggling to get paints working or running one of the track tools. You're going to have to do the hard work yourself ;)

I learnt Blender last year when I made the rm, it probably took 4 - 6 months to get what I wanted. Hope you have patience ;D

BadStar

Quote from: muffinchops95 on June 29, 2017, 06:50:05 PM
Alright, guys. I'm just about 14 and I am very familiar with programming and all that stuff.
I was thinking if someone could maybe just help me and teach me how to create bikes, (standard skins, engine mapping, and how to use blender) then there would be models coming out right and left, and maybe including tracks.
It is the begining of summer so I am home all day and I have a ton of time to work on it. I am willing to work on this every day because who doesnt like new models?!

I'd also like to guess that making bikes and making tracks have major differences in learning curve/programs/work-flow.

I'd add that making tracks is probably what you want to start with unless you are already into modelling. (good guess bc I learned track creation through the forum and its not too bad)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

LastFriday

Yeah, that's true, map making would be a bit easier to make. But I dont want to have to spend the money on a program to make worlds, but yet I know its a great tool from what I have seen.

Vortex_Damien

I made this thread on another forum should be really interesting and helpful
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=45272