• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:12:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

NEW- AMA Outdoor National Pack - All National Tracks *Project On Hold*

Started by GDUBMX, April 17, 2017, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

pure class to see this teamwork come together.. Who wants to do race data? :)
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

D*mn. I thought the tents worked. I see it has some alpha problems. Will try to fix that ASAP.

Asdrael

Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

philiaN

GDUBMX

Download for highpoint will be ready soon for non testers, fats I'm sure i pm'd you a copy? Unless you are referring to my attempt at click bait Hahah.

Looking good Phil!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

I quickly made some changes to Southwick. It has 6 texture layers instead of 9 now. The track has no bumps and ruts, but I added a thickness mask. This mask will probably make the track form waves and braking bumps on it's own. Not sure how well it works though. I didn't want to ride 100 laps just to check it if worked 100%. Track will be released in a few mins probably.

Would be cool if we could get around 10 people online tonight and try it. Who wants to race?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

You can always turn the deform multiplier up to test ;)

Good stuff though :)

Asdrael

Sand, since you are at it - what's the thickness of the top sand layer on Southwick? For some reason, I have always found it very extreme compared to the other sand sections (the one I made are 1 thick).
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on April 19, 2017, 02:15:02 PM
You can always turn the deform multiplier up to test ;)

Good stuff though :)
Did that, but that'll have a different effect than a 40 man 20 min moto. Pretty sure it'll work though.

Quote from: Asdrael on April 19, 2017, 02:20:09 PM
Sand, since you are at it - what's the thickness of the top sand layer on Southwick? For some reason, I have always found it very extreme compared to the other sand sections (the one I made are 1 thick).
The current released one doesn't have any thickness tbh. Didn't mess with deformation at all back then.

This is the THT for the clean version I'm working on now.

num_material_layers = 4

material_layer0
{
material = sand
}

material_layer1
{
material = sand
thickness = 1.0
mask = deformation/waves.tga
}

material_layer2
{
material = sand
thickness = 0.2
mask = deformation/brakingbumps.tga
}

material_layer3
{
material = gravel
mask = textures/asphalt_mask.tga
}

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Would be interested to see the masks for all your layers.. Black and white of course not transparent if you're willing to upload pics.

Ruubs

I feel like sand standard has a thickness of .5 or something already. So to get the waves you'll have to dig through the .5 standard thickness and after that the waves will start to form..

If i remove the 1st layer (the one without mask). Then what will the traction be? I assume soil is standard if there isn't anything set, am I right?

These are my 2 deformation masks. First one is waves.tga. Second is brakingbumps.tga

Asdrael

Sand, I think not putting any thickness on the main layer gives some traction issues. If you have some extra time, I think you should try a version with no thickness on top(or more precisely the current one) and one with a thickness of 1 all over. Just to see if it handles differently.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord