• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:48:52 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

NEW- AMA Outdoor National Pack - All National Tracks *Project On Hold*

Started by GDUBMX, April 17, 2017, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on April 19, 2017, 03:02:08 PM
Sand, I think not putting any thickness on the main layer gives some traction issues. If you have some extra time, I think you should try a version with no thickness on top(or more precisely the current one) and one with a thickness of 1 all over. Just to see if it handles differently.
Didn't know this.
Gave it a thickness of 0.1 but didn't feel any difference. It's hard to test this mask deformation thing on my own. Surely I can put deformation multiplier at 10 but then I won't be able to ride through the same rut twice.

Should I just release this and have someone set it up a server so we can test with more people?

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on April 19, 2017, 05:32:32 PM
But 0.1 is not the same as 0..
That was the goal right?
Try with 0 and try with 1.0. I actually tried with 0 and 0.1 because if there was a problem with 0 thickness it'd be gone with anything about 0.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ah ok.. Who knows.. It takes so long to test this stuff with one bike it's still mostly all a mystery to me with a few basic rules ???

Asdrael

Just do like I do, best way ever.

(Meaning: pretend you know wtf you are talking about and bullshit your way through).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Here it is. Just a test before I'll put it in the actual Southwick thread. Could anyone put this on a server to test with multiple people?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jj7cdgkan9c29pd/southwick16clean.pkz

teeds

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 19, 2017, 06:55:58 PM
Here it is. Just a test before I'll put it in the actual Southwick thread. Could anyone put this on a server to test with multiple people?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jj7cdgkan9c29pd/southwick16clean.pkz

Is up  :)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Ruubs

Awesome!
Thanks Teeds.

Anyone willing to race tomorrow? Track is a lot easier and more fun now! We'll make it rough though.

stevo

just did a few laps with Teeds....bit difficult to see where to go, but once you get your bearings a bit the track rides quite nicely..... :)

Ruubs

Quote from: stevo on April 19, 2017, 10:59:21 PM
just did a few laps with Teeds....bit difficult to see where to go, but once you get your bearings a bit the track rides quite nicely..... :)

Waittt a second. This is the version without objects, isn't it?

Good I'm ill at home, or else I would've distroyed some business already! :-[
Well, at least we can still try the deformation out.

teeds

Yea no track furniture. I've put deform on 1 so it was digging up pretty quickly with 2 of us.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Current state of Red Bud.

Adding objects, trees nearly done, pipes done, next is wooden rails around the tops of some rollers then fences, buildings, pit stuff, stands.. Loads left to do lol

Will be releasing these trees in a pack shortly. I've got it down now, can make a tree with miminal to no alpha bleeding issues. Although they're only 2d X trees, they look good enough for off track, each texture is 2049 and they are 16 tri's per tree.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Also gone for the fresh groomed track look. The deformation does the work. Looks amazing deformed and the ruts hook you good and proper ;)

Asdrael

I'll be trying out Sandy's updated Southwick tonight, but if deformation works as it should, it'll be a fairly easy way to get more roughness "naturally" - and I think trackmakers will have to consider it properly ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord