• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:44:56 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

NEW- AMA Outdoor National Pack - All National Tracks *Project On Hold*

Started by GDUBMX, April 17, 2017, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on April 20, 2017, 05:24:39 PM
I'll be trying out Sandy's updated Southwick tonight, but if deformation works as it should, it'll be a fairly easy way to get more roughness "naturally" - and I think trackmakers will have to consider it properly ;)
When will you be on? I'll try to come online as well.

Unfortunately the deformation doesn't add up any dirt for berms etc. (yet?). So having some small berms like Fats has on RedBud will be better than nothing at the moment.

Asdrael

I'll try after diner, like 9pm ish. Hop on Discord and I can post when I'm getting on if you want.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on April 20, 2017, 05:41:10 PM
I'll try after diner, like 9pm ish. Hop on Discord and I can post when I'm getting on if you want.
Alright will do.

Just did around 10 laps on my own. I really feel like this is working great. Can't wait for a better netcode and a 40 man 20 minute race! Dreams.. :P

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Maybe I'm missing something here but how is your 'softness' map approach supposed to build up berms? I thought it was only for waves, braking bumps etc..

Surely you'd have to make berms part of it, and even then nobody would be able to see them un-deformed so the right lines in corners would be missed?

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on April 20, 2017, 07:28:25 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here but how is your 'softness' map approach supposed to build up berms? I thought it was only for waves, braking bumps etc..

Surely you'd have to make berms part of it, and even then nobody would be able to see them un-deformed so the right lines in corners would be missed?
It doesn't build up berms no. Only for waves and braking bumps like you said.

Having some small berms like you have on RedBud is currently the best way to get some nice deformed berms/ruts going.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ah, just went back and re read.. Sorry, wasn't paying attention lol.

Ruubs

Haha no problem.

Was on a heater on Southwick with deformation on.. Fuel empty. Ima go cry now.
Please join so we can test the deformation.

Asdrael

Teeds, if you happen to read this - I think the southwick test server went down. Could you restart it please?

(PS: Southwick clean is freaking awesome. If you think you can powerslide, come and show us).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

Ruubs

Quote from: NorCal 986 on April 20, 2017, 09:02:26 PM
If anyone needs a beta tester, I'm willing  ;D
Southwick clean version is in this topic somewhere. Tried something new with deformation. It should form it's own braking bumps and sand waves. Feel free to give it a try. You'll need to do quite a few laps before it really starts to form waves though.

Some more detail on Highpoint.
Want those yellow stakes Fats? Lets trade them. You'll get me some good working tents, and I'll send over those yellow stakes. ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks Sandy, but everything on red bud is going to be bespoke. I don't have any tents made or you could have them, but I will be releasing a few packs from what I make for Red Bud. Trees, pit objects, track objects :)

Vortex_Damien

Well Muddy creek and spring creek heightmaps are pretty much finshed ( muddy creek is , springcreek isnt)