• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:45:32 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

NEW- AMA Outdoor National Pack - All National Tracks *Project On Hold*

Started by GDUBMX, April 17, 2017, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

The deformation technique asdrael and i talked about will be forming braking bumps etc. It could also be used for ruts. Highpoint will be rough though.

Asdrael

Quote from: Sandbiter on April 18, 2017, 09:01:53 AM
The deformation technique asdrael and i talked about will be forming braking bumps etc. It could also be used for ruts. Highpoint will be rough though.

Before I start - did you try anything or not yet?

And yes, if this deformation "idea" works, you can start with a perfectly groomed track and end up with roughness how you want it. The only downside is that it will always be by removing dirt, never by building up mounds.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on April 18, 2017, 11:43:18 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on April 18, 2017, 09:01:53 AM

Before I start - did you try anything or not yet?

And yes, if this deformation "idea" works, you can start with a perfectly groomed track and end up with roughness how you want it. The only downside is that it will always be by removing dirt, never by building up mounds.
Didn't try anything yet. But I'm fairly sure it'll work great.
Nope, won't be building up any. I hope Piboso will add this to deformation at a later stage.

Ruubs

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sandy I think you should upload all your people textures to the asset thread mate ;)

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on April 18, 2017, 02:06:57 PM
Sandy I think you should upload all your people textures to the asset thread mate ;)
Not sure if I can. Got them from Maxim Tison. The brain behind MXSGP series (mx simulator).

Asdrael

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

Quote from: Asdrael on April 18, 2017, 02:20:27 PM
I did miss it.

Needs bigger polys tho LOL
Tried to keep her very low poly so it wouldn't hurt too much on slow PCs. This one is actually made from all the other human models I have which were made for crowd models. They still need textures though.

Because of the low poly count it's hard to make big 'polys' hahahah

Asdrael

OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Asdrael

More seriously, for Nationals, crowd "panels" are more than sufficient. I don't think polys will bring much really.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

As a rough guide, at least for me, the Stewart Compound objects come to 160,000 tri's give or take.

Think about it like this: Most bike models are pushing 200 sometimes more with LOD versions that are just copies of the main model, and riding on js7 with 8 people doesn't lag.

My guess is that you could probably push close to 300,000 tri's for track objects before you started to notice performance hits. I made a test track for WRS that's a 3d road loop on a 1k heightmap, that was probably well over 400k tri's and it ran smooth locally.

However, that's assuming you can squeeze your 300k tri's through fbx2edf ;D

Best off splitting the objects into different scenes in the hmf and tht. Still, giving Miss Monster Energy some double D polys would probably not even make a dent.. Except maybe in Asdraels pants lol..

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on April 18, 2017, 03:50:53 PM
As a rough guide, at least for me, the Stewart Compound objects come to 160,000 tri's give or take.

Think about it like this: Most bike models are pushing 200 sometimes more with LOD versions that are just copies of the main model, and riding on js7 with 8 people doesn't lag.

My guess is that you could probably push close to 300,000 tri's for track objects before you started to notice performance hits. I made a test track for WRS that's a 3d road loop on a 1k heightmap, that was probably well over 400k tri's and it ran smooth locally.

However, that's assuming you can squeeze your 300k tri's through fbx2edf ;D

Best off splitting the objects into different scenes in the hmf and tht. Still, giving Miss Monster Energy some double D polys would probably not even make a dent.. Except maybe in Asdraels pants lol..
Hahahaha. I might update her some time.

Highpoint's objects is around 30k tris. So I could add a whole lot more if I'd like haha