• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:22:24 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

upcoming models

Started by AlexTee, April 18, 2017, 12:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacopastor34

Looks extremely good. I love 80-85cc bikes.

Alex

October 17, 2017, 03:55:19 PM #31 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:07:18 PM by Alex
having fun making this. (lo poly no norms)

Twitch135

Looking good man, keep up the good work.  :)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Ruubs

Quote from: Alex on October 17, 2017, 03:55:19 PM

https://s1.postimg.org/92tbwjiqsv/dfd.png
Looks good Alex. You should definitely finish that one! I've always wanted to race 85's in an mx sim.

Alex

Quote from: Sandbiter on October 25, 2017, 07:30:33 PM
Quote from: Alex on October 17, 2017, 03:55:19 PM

https://s1.postimg.org/92tbwjiqsv/dfd.png
Looks good Alex. You should definitely finish that one! I've always wanted to race 85's in an mx sim.

thanks man. its pretty much all done. will do some renders of it later today. just small things to go. maybe have to re map some things. i made it pretty detailed so its no lo-poly masterpeice but not sure if it was all going to work so if not atleast have something to do renders with. but hopefully it works out. keen to model some more. the shroud is done by tfc btw

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It looks fine, you can get away with quite a lot. How many tri's is it?

Alex

prob be 150k when all done. and the kx is around 80 if i can remember.

Ruubs

150? :o Where did you sneak in all those polygons? My kawi model is 30k atm and almost finished. I'm definitely going to add some more detail in certain parts though.

Alex

just on small detail shit no one will even notice probably. calipers, front brake and clutch levers etc. but i modeled the thread on the shock and stuff like that that can just be textured for game.

Alex

pretty much everything in the photo above has been re done.

Ruubs

Oh okay, sounds good. Perhaps I can modify my kawi into an 85 as well, but I doubt I can.. The 85 looks way different. A 2 stroke version would work though.

Ruubs

October 28, 2017, 12:14:48 AM #41 Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:17:32 AM by Sandbiter

Some people will say my barpad has unnecessary polygons. I say that I saved lots of polygons on other parts so I can make my front-end a higher polygon count for first-person players. I know I can have a different model for first-person in Mx Bikes (I can, can't I?). However, I'm also making this model for Mx Simulator, which doesn't support that.

Current polygon count:
14.778 faces
27.646 tris

Release for Mx Bikes will probably be the same as Damien did with his models. Stock bike release, source files for sale.

Things to do:
Brake calipers
Cables
Handlebar stuff
Finish details like bolts etc.
Unwrapping
High-poly modelling
Baking
Texturing

Ruubs

Quote from: ℊℯℴ on October 28, 2017, 12:36:22 AM
Whatever......lol (won't buy crap).

You won't have to unless you want to mod the bike yourself ;)

philiaN

bike animations are planned? proper dirt textures? allowed to paint the bike?

Ruubs

Quote from: philiaN on October 28, 2017, 12:58:04 AM
bike animations are planned? proper dirt textures? allowed to paint the bike?
Animations would be cool, I'm definitely going to look into it.
Proper dirt textures are planned off course!
I think I'll make this Mx Bikes model a bit different to the Mx Sim one. The Mx Bikes model will have different uv mapping and different first- and thirdperson models. I'm planning to do the uv mapping like Snappe did with the MSM bikes and release the plastics uv for free. That way everyone can still add custom paints to the bike, without having to buy the whole source file package.

The release will be later than Mx Sim's release though.