• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:00:28 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

normal maps

Started by AlexTee, April 19, 2017, 08:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Ok.. Where to start lol..

Uv unwrap and make your texture that way, then add a material to the model, then a texture and pick the texture you made while unwrapping. This ties the material to the model.

When you export as fbx, unless you have a material applied your texture won't be included in the fbx.

The export options I mentioned are part of the options panel you get when you export the fbx.

Paints work differently. You make your paint, run it through PaintEd and save it as a .pnt file. Then you stick it in your helmets paints folder and it should show up in game. You can get the paint tools from www.mx-bikes.com downloads tab.

You can do custom normals in your paint file but you must know the name of the original texture. For example, your helmet has helmet.tga and helmet_n.tga. make a new texture and normal, call them helmet.tga and helmet_n.tga, put them in a folder on their own, run the folder through PaintEd and it will work.

You gotta walk before you can run. You need patience. People have been more than helpful and it feels like you're not listning sometimes ;) but that could be because you need to get used to the way mxb handles content.

Vortex_Damien

We are explaining it the easiest we can, tfc is one the best at getting shit in game, it really isnt that complicated :P.. the export options are to your left when you hit export and are saving the .fbx

Mace-x

this game is a bitch to mod at times  ;D
love it tho! hahaha

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I already explained about the paint.. Go back up and read. All models need a base paint, that's what gets exported with blender. Selectable paints are done using PaintEd.

Alex

April 22, 2017, 04:21:39 AM #34 Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:12:08 PM by Alex

is it possible to apply mirror to the lense? or is everything done with spec maps in mxb becausei noticed all the helmets the goggles are not to shiny. all spec and gradient work?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

April 22, 2017, 10:18:54 AM #35 Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:23:57 AM by TFC
I don't know how well it will work, but if you take a look at one of the textures and shd's included with the example track it uses an environment map reflection with a reflection map.

You might need to experiment with the specular level, and the reflection map will want to be pure 100% opacity white for the goggles.

Might work ;) post pictures when you try. Would be interesting to see results whether it works or doesn't.

You might need to ask PiBoSo if this is possible, but you can have mirrors in GPB. See this thread http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3248.msg52214#msg52214

Might not work in mxb but I don't see why it shouldn't. Usually mxb, gpb and wrs all seem to share the same infrastructure.