• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:00:33 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

AMA National Track - Highpoint Raceway 2017 Release by The MOD Crew

Started by GDUBMX, April 22, 2017, 11:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

So after alot of heartache and pain finally we have made it.. The release of Highpoint National!

Hopefully everything should be working as expected and be fully functional.

Originally this was a project i started on my own back in January, http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1516.0 as you all know track creation is a difficult task as there are many elements involved. As a total rookie to object placement and perfecting a heightmap i decided to lean on our awesome community where we have 3d modelers, game creators and designers, experts and just all out badasses that could help out! All for the love of Motocross and MX Bikes. :) So here we introduce a new idea, as there are many guys behind this project and the greater AMA Outdoor National Pack, we have decided to call our collaboration

The MOD Crew

Basically this is a collective of anyone who is or who wants to get involved in a project,

Behind this project was:

GDUBMX - Textures,Heightdata, Other random stuff
Vortex_Damien - Heightmap, Track design, Other random stuff
Sandbiter - Object placement, Object creation, Other random stuff
Geofanatec - Cameras,Marshals,Racedata,Other random stuff
Asdrael - Racedata,Track data work, Other random stuff
Philian - Official tester
I just wanna thank everyone involved with this project, its brilliant we can all come together to build cool shit for ourselves and others. We will continue to push out new tracks for you all as we all love new content!!

Special thanks to, Vortex_Damien, Geo,Asdrael,Philian,Sandy and TFC :D

We didnt want to keep dragging this out anymore so here it is.. Enjoy!

LINK UPDATED TO SMOOTH VERSION 4/6/2017
LINK UPDATED TO VERSION 2.0 - SMOOTH VERSION WAS TOO SMOOTH THUS BORING, WE SMOOTHED OUT A ROUGHER BUILD WE HAD 11/6/2017

Thanks to Geo for redoing the race data and cams. good man :)

DOWNLOAD>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6mwdsadbz7wf8l/highpoint.rar?dl=0

Link updated for Beta13
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Alex

Asdrael

Nice, thanks for the hard work all!

If anyone wants to host it before GTX updates, I'll log on :p

Edit: wtf Geo is a ninja, it's on already :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Bj Slice

rode the track and it is challenging and tight. Will push riders in their limit i suppose.Thank you guys for bringing us another great track to enjoy.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

MorganMX124

Thanks for creating a replica track!!! Cant wait to see more. Only issue for me is the track seems a little narrow but my main issue is the banners around track, if i crash on the them or my front tire gets in them im stuck and cant get out... is there a trick to this? Otherwise i have to return to pit in order to get out.. happens on all the tracks with fences or banners

GDUBMX

Quote from: MorganMX124 on April 23, 2017, 12:36:31 AM
Thanks for creating a replica track!!! Cant wait to see more. Only issue for me is the track seems a little narrow but my main issue is the banners around track, if i crash on the them or my front tire gets in them im stuck and cant get out... is there a trick to this? Otherwise i have to return to pit in order to get out.. happens on all the tracks with fences or banners

thanks mate, glad you like it. The barrier thing is the game, not the tracks. hold your reset button for 5 seconds and it will put you back on track mate.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

Quote from: MorganMX124 on April 23, 2017, 12:36:31 AM
I actually made the banners like how they were placed IRL in 2015. Discussed a little bit if I should add collisions or not with Gdub. My final decision was to make them collidable, as that'd be more realistic, and it'd create saver track entre's after a crash. If they didn't had collisions people could've crashed off track, and get on the track without looking which would've caused some serious bad situations.

Jeez my English sucks at the moment.

Thanks for all the work guys. Great track.

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Twitch135

Awesome track MOD Crew thanks. Has anyone played it online yet? I just tried and my camera view was wigging out on me, back and forth from riding view to look behind real fast. Anyone else getting this? Doesn't do this while in testing, just online for me. Challenging track for sure, gonna take me awhile. :)

UPDATE: Camera issue solved by reinstalling MxBikes.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

MorganMX124

Ok thank you so much i will try holding my reset button for 5 secs next time lol.

Alex

this track is so fun. bit more challenging than most which is rad. really like it.

Braap570

Wow! This track is so much fun and if you want to go fast its so challenging because of the bumps and stuff!
There is only 1 little part of the track where i dont know how to ride clean because i always get a kick on my front wheel there (in the beginning after the start the second left hander where the single line is...) How do you guys ride / jump there?! Double Double Double or do you tripple or single somewhere?!

All in all the track is so cool guys. thank you for your hard work!

Now only the netcode should work clean than it would be virtual heaven :D

Asdrael

Well, here is feedback after riding it quite a bit. Feedback will be as rough as the track :p All in good spirit though, I'll keep it constructive so you can maybe take it into account for the next tracks.

The track is beautiful, well decorated, the textures are nice and I love how the elevation is rendered. So great job on that. However, there are quite a few things that bother me and tilt the balance too much toward the "frustrating" part of the spectrum because of the randomness of the bike behaviour - which is largely induced by the heightmap.

The amount of roughness is fine if you want a rough track. However, you cannot just put what accounts to 50cm high rocks in the middle of the track. Very rarely you see that on real tracks and the game simply doesn't (and prolly never will since you need body movement) account for it. Some braking bumps simply tell your bike to fuck off and you swap out even in 1st gear not touching anything. I think the roughness needs to be less sharp, more mellow. In-game deformation will rough it up anyway.

Another thing with roughness. I think you went overboard with flat section roughness, but the berms are often too numerous, placed wierdly (there are berms that clearly make you exit in a banneror launch you off track) and not as rough as the rest of the terrain. Meaning, they are "groomed" berms with low steepness that don't really help take the turn, contrasting with what you'd expect from a rough terrain. Some of them though are steep as fuck and so close to each other that if you lean you catch the next one...

This would be compensated if terrain deformation was faster and more pronounced, but it doesn't seem to be like it. I wonder how thick you made your top layer or if you used thickness at all? It doesn't seem to buldge much.

Lastely, some jumps kick. The "rythm section" after the scrub mound up the first hill is a good example, as is the first uphill triple. Jumps usually need a flat surface at the maximum inclination of around half a bike length minimum to prevent that in MXB.

Overall it's a great track for a first group effort on a rough National. I think making it more mellow (still rough, but mellow-rough) and capitalizing on in game roughness will be much more enjoyable and less frustrating overall. Plus, racing, some prefered lines will become too rough and you'll have to adapt to other sections - more realistic and interesting.

Can't wait to see the next ones ;)

EDIT: I just realized it's compact soil. So deformation will be low however you look at it. The track IRL seem more like regular soil to me which would allow for more deformation and a more forgiving grip on bumps if you use GeoTyres btw.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Skunkie132

Wow thanks guys, I've only played a few laps but I think it's great what you've done!
The only thing I wasn't too hyped on was the dirt textures, cause I found it hard to see the bumps and stuff sometimes, but other than that great job.