• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:11:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

AMA National Track - Highpoint Raceway 2017 Release by The MOD Crew

Started by GDUBMX, April 22, 2017, 11:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

I can confirm more berms are being added, and the soil is now soft and normal instead of compact. And yes it should operate the exact same way as redbud. Will post a beta this weekend chaps! I gotta say though, although I didn't mind the roughness of highpoint. This is much more enjoyable cus you can stay on the bike lol
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

GDUBMX

check 1st  post people, the smooth version is available. Not the best but its alot easier to ride. big thanks to Asdrael and Vortex_Damien for their hard work.

I changed the soil type to regular soil and i fix some texture norm issues.

Bj Slice

Great work gdub. I just have one comment though. Need berms for almost every corner. I guess the previous ruts and/or berms are great. Thanks for the update bud.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

GDUBMX

Quote from: Bj Slice on June 04, 2017, 05:18:40 PM
Great work gdub. I just have one comment though. Need berms for almost every corner. I guess the previous ruts and/or berms are great. Thanks for the update bud.

Yeah sorry Bj, it does need stuff. Damien was a bit trigger happy with the smooth and wiped out some vital parts like berms lol, After his hdd went bang he lost all the projects including highpoint so its this for now or the really rough version until he rebuilds it which is a mega long wait considering we still have other tracks to build plus his game development.. and his new born kid!!! haha

Bj Slice

lol no worries. Still, an enjoyable track though regardless. Great effort dude considering you are still recovering, you managed to update stuffs. Kodus!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Vortex_Damien

Yes i sorry guys life is super busy for me , i promise to get you guys a correct highpoint soon, also the crf150 needs to be done and i have a leatt chest protector too haha

Twitch135

I'm loving the smoothed version of Highpoint, but it seems real laggy. I was playing the rough version yesterday with no lag, but for some reason this version lags on me a lot.

Going to uninstall tracks and reinstall to see if that fixes it.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Twitch135

ok that was the issue. Something must have happened during the first install. No longer lags after I reinstalled the tracks. :)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

CSchmied986

Other than adding a couple inside ruts and maybe giving a touch more berm before the up hill triple (kinda falls away and makes it kinda awkward hit the line), I think the track is much more fun to ride! good job! 8)

loinen

have just tested the new smooth version and would like to thank you for this update. very well done!

Mace-x

Thanks for the hard work guys!

but i dont like the smooth version, some braking/acceleration bump where fun and now every turn is flat, for me at least, it was better before, at least with the current physics.
another thing that bugs me now is that the textures stilll have some berms/changes of colour and often i hit them but surprise, nothing there! hahaha

thanks for all the effort anyways guys, it´s greatly appreciated!

GDUBMX

I've just had an almighty brainwave... Yes it still works after faceplanting..

I think I may be able to fix the issues with the original one, I'll report back and let you know. Damien lost everything when his hdd failed

Ruubs

Quote from: GDUBMX on June 10, 2017, 09:17:59 AM
I've just had an almighty brainwave... Yes it still works after faceplanting..

I think I may be able to fix the issues with the original one, I'll report back and let you know. Damien lost everything when his hdd failed
Be sure to have the soil types correctly too.

num_material_layers = 3 (material layers define the track physics surfaces. You can also use masks, like in the hmf file)

material_layer0
{
material = soft soil
}

material_layer1
{
material = soil
thickness = 0.01
}

material_layer2
{
material = compact soil
thickness = 0.005
}

GDUBMX

Ok peeps, been messing around a bit this morning...

http://www102.zippyshare.com/v/0134lbIw/file.html

Note, backup original version before adding this one.

let me know what you think,

EDIT: LINK OUTDATED....

New link >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbrwzw3eod5ujd0/highpoint%20tester.rar?dl=0