• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Disqualified problem

Started by Twitch135, April 24, 2017, 06:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twitch135

First off sorry if I posted this in the wrong area. While playing online I've had a couple issues with being "disqualified do to jumpstart" I've only had this happen to me so far on JS7 National and Highpoint. Every time its happened to me I had the clutch in, bike in neutral, and hit throttle a little bit. Then I get disqualified. Has anyone else experienced this? If I remember I'll try to get a video of it.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Bj Slice

don't move too much. all you got to do on the starts is to wait for the 15 secs board then engage clutch then 1st or 2nd gear, and don't let go of the clutch until gate drop. Never back up too. never turn left or right or you get a jumpstart disq.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Twitch135

April 24, 2017, 06:34:32 PM #2 Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:40:13 PM by Twitch135
Yeah that needs fixed, shouldn't have to be perfectly still IMO. I know its still early and will be fixed some day I'm sure.

Bj Slice

that is true. but until they change it, I'd avoid disq during starts.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I've seen this lots when riding online but it's never happened to me.. I usually sit there, wait for the board, then clutch, brake, throttle, sit and lean forward and have only ever been disqualified when I accidentally jumped forward.

Not saying it's not a problem, but I think there might be more to it than simply 'don't move'.

Twitch135

For now on I'll wait till 15 sec board.  ;D

CSchmied986

You definitely get DQ'd way to easy. If anything it should just add a time penalty because it's usually always accidental.

Wedgewood

When you hit the throttle it disables the auto brake which is keeping you from rolling backwards or forward.  Some gates are on an incline and will cause you to roll unless you hold in the brakes manually or refrain from touching the throttle until the gate drops.

Twitch135

Quote from: Wedgewood on April 28, 2017, 12:30:07 AM
When you hit the throttle it disables the auto brake which is keeping you from rolling backwards or forward.  Some gates are on an incline and will cause you to roll unless you hold in the brakes manually or refrain from touching the throttle until the gate drops.
Sometimes it will jump start before you get a chance to hold the brake. This last Thursday's fun race on Highpoint, had to restart the race a few times because me and couple others kept jump starting. Not sure about the others, but for me it was jump starting right away. I would click "To Track" immediately jump start gate before I could even hold the brake. Sometimes it will jump start after the 15 sec board. So now I don't touch anything until gate drops. Maybe its more common for people that don't have the best computer's?

BadStar

May 14, 2017, 07:51:47 PM #9 Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:01:31 PM by BadStar
Althought this is avoidable by not moving the bike..

I fully agree it needs to be fixed and is a problem.. bc it requires many race votes/restarts to get everyone to learn to stop moving!! 

and sometimes we still get a DQ.

**Pibs should just remove the DQ possibility on starts until they have time to look in to it.. simple fix
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Bj Slice

is it possible to implement it just during the 15 secs board till gate drop? I think everyone has somehow enough time to move and press the brakes before the 15 sec board.