• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Fun Event @ HighPoint Raceway - Thursday 27th April 20:30 BST - MX2 Bikes

Started by teeds, April 25, 2017, 01:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Announcing a Fun Race at HighPoint Raceway on MX2 Bikes

!!!Now on THURSDAY!!!

Thursday 27th April 20:30 BST
All Riders Welcome

It's got to be done, this track is great but very challenging. Hats off to anyone that can clean the race.

Since 1976, High Point Raceway, nestled in the scenic mountains of southwestern Pennsylvania near Mt. Morris, has challenged the world's fastest motocross athletes. Generations have enjoyed the thrill that only pro motocross fans can lay claim to.

Its unique amphitheater setting offers premiere viewing from every aspect of the race course, making it a fan favorite among hardy moto fans and racers. High Point hosts an extensive schedule of Amateur Motocross racing from spring to fall. Join us for an exciting day of racing in the great outdoors!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Details

To participate you will require all MX2 bikes from Goes Sync Shop (excluding the 96CR125 and rc125)-
(FYI - If you been on any server with MODs in the last few days, you already have these)

And this track -
HighPoint by The Mod Crew - https://mega.nz/#!Ux1RgAKb!xh2F2Y_kBmLXFjb5TE2uxsYOGWjLk_qB-GFNI96xd7E

2 servers will be used for this event, 1 server will be running practice for all and when the event starts a separate server will be used to hold the races. Those taking part will be called to join the race server and when finished will need to return to the practice server to await their next race call. The heat races will be short to keep waiting times down with the main being slightly longer.

The heats will be setup to run in different formats depending on the number of riders but should also allow for lag free racing that can be replayed to a decent standard. Heat and final races will currently contain a maximum of 8 riders, maybe lower depending on turnout. A single race might be held if numbers are too low to run heats. For initial heat selection names will be drawn at random.

Due to what I think are net code limitations in Beta6 I will only be running 8 people in races for now (as it stands with 8 already in a server joining seems to be a lottery). If I can figure out a way to organise larger races I will but for now this will have to suffice.

Collisions and deformation will be on.

Entries

Post Below to reserve a place including your Name and Race number (make sure not to post a number already chosen). If racers turn up without placing their names here they can race if there are free slots, but if 8 signed up racers show up there will be no room.
With the low number of possible entries please try to make sure you can and will attend the race before signing up.

Entry List - Max 8
1/. teeds #321
2/. Twitch #135
3/. bj #9
4/. Artur Stroher #7
5/. philian #389
6/. satanas #757
7/. Maigurs Daukste #441
8/.

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Twitch135

<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Bj Slice

"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

StoneRider

teeds

Quote from: StoneRider on April 25, 2017, 05:27:13 PM
can't we make it en open race ?

Not had time to try anything but the 250 here so don't know what kind of balance advantage we're looking at. Surely you can man down and get on the 250?  ;D Only 1 triple I can't do on it.

Twitch135

Anyone find a good setup yet for this track and don't mind sharing it?

teeds

Not sure which bike you're running but you can try my RMZ set if you like when I'm on later.

Twitch135

Quote from: teeds on April 26, 2017, 05:12:02 PM
Not sure which bike you're running but you can try my RMZ set if you like when I'm on later.
Been trying out all the bikes on this track. Thanks man I'll try the RMZ setup of yours.  :) I should be on later as well.

teeds

Bj Slice

I will also try your setup teeds, I have not been successful setting up the rmz 250 for highpoint. I couldn't clear the first triple for that bike but I like the rmz tbh. will give it a try when I get home.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

teeds

Who's updated their tyres then? I don't like to update such things, when everyone has been practising on the something different, the day of the race. Maybe someone has tested them already on HighPoint?

Asdrael

Highpoint is compact soil, GeoTyre v2.1 only slightly changes Soil and Soft soil. So no changes for highpoint ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord