• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:49:08 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

FPS frustration!!!! Is there a known problem?

Started by CSchmied986, April 30, 2017, 03:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

So, I know this has been brought up in other topics, but I wanted to post some of my data. The FPS issue is making smooth riding a bit of a nightmare, and hardly pushes my PC at all. I know there is an AMD rendering issue, but this seems to be an FPS limiting issue. Are there any known causes or fixes?  In the images below you can see that my FPS is the same with graphics setting at the very minimum & very maximum, which seems pretty weird.

My Specs:

AMD R9 390 8GB GPU
i5 6600
16GB DDR4 RAM
850w PSU
(2) 250GB SSD Drives (1) 1TB HDD
MSI Pro Carbon Motherboard with PCIe 3.0/ USB 3.0, 3.1

teeds

I've got no answers for you but man that truely sucks  ???  I used to get random problems with ATI cards years ago when I used them but thankfully switched to Nvidia. Not saying I don't get any problems with NVidia cards but my gaming life is generally easier now and I think looks a bit better.

Hopefully Piboos tweaks when released will help you out.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

BadStar

Quote from: geofanatec on April 30, 2017, 05:16:38 AM
Honestly the fix is buy Nvidia ;)

I have AMD r9 280x and run this game with ease... not sure what the deal is here. (i7)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

Up to date drivers? fwiw, I run AMD as well and their beta drivers often give me issues, not so much the up to date release ones.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Yamaha285

There must be something in your graphics settings that are causing this.

CSchmied986

Drivers are up to date and MXB is the only game I have this issue with. The thing I don't understand is why my PC is only using about 50% power with MXB, giving me an average of about 44 FPS.

Snappe

I feel your pain, believe me. We're still investigating.

BadStar

Strange bc we have a similar set-up but my cpu is an i7..(mine runs fine)  i wonder what settings or other running programs could cause conflicts.

Hoping the best for both NorCal and the Devs!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

motopsycho87

My r9 280x overclock edition still gives me problems, though as per my thread, updating the drivers (i always keep them up to date) made a huge difference.

CSchmied986

Ya, for me drivers made no difference. Even if I'm not playing in VR, my FPS bounces between 55-160. Hopefully it's something that will be fixed, cause I've tried everything I can think of.

Snappe

It appears the problem is only happening on i5 + AMD GPU.

Anyone able to refute this theory?

CSchmied986

Would that be a problem within the game or the compatibility between the them?

twofourtyseven

Quote from: Snappe on May 10, 2017, 04:50:01 PM

I have the same problem, but my system is AMD GPU + AMD CPU. My latest guess on the problem is the speed of my hdd. I thought it was to slow to load all the layers and deformation of the terrain at such short time, which causes the decrease of frames. Does this make any sense?

PiBoSo

Quote from: twofourtyseven on May 16, 2017, 11:44:45 AM

I have the same problem, but my system is AMD GPU + AMD CPU. My latest guess on the problem is the speed of my hdd. I thought it was to slow to load all the layers and deformation of the terrain at such short time, which causes the decrease of frames. Does this make any sense?

The HDD is not used at all while on track.

Wedgewood

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 16, 2017, 03:25:37 PM
Quote from: twofourtyseven on May 16, 2017, 11:44:45 AM

The HDD is not used at all while on track.

There is a difference between using a HDD and SSD.  I have the game on both SSD and HDD with all bikes/tracks/tires/rider mods hotlinked from the HDD.  After back to back comparisons with the same in game graphics along with Nvidia settings,  the version running on the SSD draws textures much faster.  As an example, using SSD at MX compound the track textures are all visible while riding, however, while playing on my HDD with draw distance set the same,  I can see the texture drawing about 30ft in front of my bike as a constant.  Farther away textures have almost no detail while playing on the HDD.  FPS seem to be about the same in the small amount of testing I've done.