• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:47:39 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Highpoint Raceway - WIP Beta Test Play

Started by GDUBMX, January 29, 2017, 12:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

January 29, 2017, 12:58:15 PM Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:51:53 PM by gdubmx
Warning! this track is 40% done lol. needs alot of work and so do i at jumps and generally everything but im getting there slowly.. here is a beta version for you all to try and by all means help!
I need help with texturing, trying to define inside and outside line, jump shadows etc. also need major help with jumps lol.  but anyways..

https://www.youtube.com/v/niArqVS22mw
enjoy!

edit: Updated link check it out

https://mega.nz/#!R90lHJTY!6O3f2msWuaecp-iPt1rbyWQOCMySaJ3COrEmCqHwW-A

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Asdrael

Rough texturing trick:

Mask 1: track. Do it in PS with a pencil the width of the track. Click, hold it, trace the track. Blur the edge by 10% of the width. Use on texture A.

Mask 2: lines. 1/3 of the track width. Click, hold it, trace the line.Blur the edge by 10% of the width. Use on texture A with 15% less luminosity.

here you go, rough texturing that actaulyl works decenty :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Not ignoring your pm dude, just not been at pc in a couple of days :(

Rider_Pro

Seems to be good, i'm going to test it.  ;) But bro, how did you get that sound?? I did the last update but doesn't work with no stock bikes (and the limiter sounds not the same)  :o

Mace-x

GDUBMX

Sorry I wiped the link,  it's being worked on at the moment.  And the bikes are all from the bikes pack mate,  sounds included.  Look a for server requirements threads

GDUBMX

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Wow, what an improvement! This looks like it's really starting to come together nicely! Good job man, keep it up!

Asdrael

Looks like you made progress! Eager to see where it is going :)

Might wanna work on some berms and smoothing out the step ups / downs, but you seem to have a great base to work on now.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Just  an update on this for you guys. Bitdefender Antivirus managed to fuck my pc up bad enough I couldn't load windows 10 at all,  I had to use a month old system image to get things going again.

So I still have the track but lost everything I had done to make it look like that video.  However I wasn't bummed and have taken what I've learned and applied it again an so far have a better product.  Will be a long way off though yet as it's a slow back burner project I have going on,  I don't get lots of spare time for my pc so when I get an hour or 2 if I'm lucky I try to divide what I do, so far it's been 45 mins Cossacks 3 with 15 mins Track building Haha.

Gonna sink a bit more time into it tonight though as I'm eager to get some tough blocks put down.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: gdubmx on February 14, 2017, 09:29:21 AM
Just  an update on this for you guys. Bitdefender Antivirus managed to fuck my pc up bad enough I couldn't load windows 10 at all,  I had to use a month old system image to get things going again.

So I still have the track but lost everything I had done to make it look like that video.  However I wasn't bummed and have taken what I've learned and applied it again an so far have a better product.  Will be a long way off though yet as it's a slow back burner project I have going on,  I don't get lots of spare time for my pc so when I get an hour or 2 if I'm lucky I try to divide what I do, so far it's been 45 mins Cossacks 3 with 15 mins Track building Haha.

Gonna sink a bit more time into it tonight though as I'm eager to get some tough blocks put down.
kaspersky. just gonna say that

HornetMaX

Quote from: gokitty199 on February 14, 2017, 07:58:08 PM
Quote from: gdubmx on February 14, 2017, 09:29:21 AM
kaspersky. just gonna say that
Bitdefender, kaspersky, Avast, whatever. No big difference between them all.

Rule #0: keep your OS and software up to date. Especially valid for your browser.

Rule #1: dont' visit shady web sites.

Rule #2: if you really really need to visit shady web sites, use Sandboxie (free).

I cannot describe my personal satisfaction when I once got a pop-up with the FBI logo saying "The content of your computer has been encrypted by the FBI. All your personal files, videos, photos, documents will be destroyed in 15 days unless you send a paypal payment to that address".

Thanks to Sandboxie, the only thing they had encrypted was a bunch of irrelevant files. Close sandboxie, everything wiped out. I win :)