• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:58:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Red Bud (updated RDF 08/05/17)

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, May 07, 2017, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Awesome to see this, thanks TFC. I've not had chance to try yet but can it be used online ok?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Not yet, updated race data coming this evening.. Just putting kids to bed ;)

Paradox28

the deformation on this track is great, too..I have never noticed it before but I think I'm starting to create my own berms through corners.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK, download link updated, new version with working race data. Sorry about that ;D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Paradox28 on May 08, 2017, 09:40:40 PM
the deformation on this track is great, too..I have never noticed it before but I think I'm starting to create my own berms through corners.

That's the idea ;). The heightmap is very subtle, but there are actually multiple berms in some corners.. The idea being that they guide you until they become proper ruts. Works pretty good ;)

Asdrael

Thanks for the fix TFC, will give it a spin later tonight.

For deformation, did you use the uniform thickness technique for the layers or did you use "deformation heightmaps"? Tough to say running solo.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: Asdrael on May 08, 2017, 10:01:50 PM
did you use the uniform thickness technique for the layers or did you use "deformation heightmaps"? Tough to say running solo.

Nothing special going on here, just basic deformation. I found that using slight roughness and basic braking bumps (nothing to extreme as you can see with a reset track) gives some pretty nice results here, although that could just be because most of the braking bumps and roughness is on an incline changing the impact angle.

Either way, I fell in love with the way this track deforms so didn't want to mess with it ;)

derbi

I love this tracks, i have almost 100 laps on it and its getting harder and harder every lap :D

Mace-x

great track fats, congratulations!

the only thing is that making the larocco´s leap is too easy even on a 250, other than that is awesome!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Mace: yes, and this crossed my mind while building but 2 things come into play..

1. Deformation, 4 of us were on a server last night and after 15 - 20 minutes of other people's lines it was much more challenging, and I came up short a couple of times.

2. In reality you can make it on a 250 (didn't larocco do it on a 125, or was that Stewart?), it just takes balls. I think that's the main reason you don't see people hitting it much in off season amateur gopro vids (although I have seen it done in a few) and we don't have to worry about paying the price of coming up short, just hit the reset button lol

Twitch135

May 09, 2017, 04:02:09 PM #25 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:09:28 PM by Twitch135
Quote from: TFC on May 09, 2017, 03:34:15 PM

(didn't larocco do it on a 125, or was that Stewart?)
They both did :) Larocco's https://youtu.be/Z04b8A64ccI  Stewarts https://youtu.be/ZVE8K2utRqQ

The 96 Cr 125 is a blast on this track.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Ruubs

Quote from: TFC on May 09, 2017, 03:34:15 PM
didn't larocco do it on a 125, or was that Stewart?
Why do you think it is called larocco's leap? ;D

Can't wait to try this track! Definitely looks good though.

loinen

have just raced with someone online this track. liked it a lot, not too hard, not too simple, pretty quality graphics, especially liked the trees, maybe too green but anyway i like them much.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR WORK!

Asdrael

Took a while, but I finally "got" the track on a 450f. Interestingly, I'm having very very close laptimes using a different lines all around the track. I think most sections that have choices come out to be the same speed wise. Promising for racing!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

We had this in the GTX series.. Me and BadStar went 2 or 3 laps swapping lines and neither one of us was ever truley in front.. Such a good battle lol