• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:12:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Roost / Particle changes

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, May 06, 2017, 09:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey hey..

Pib, if I extract the effects / particles folder and make changes, will it cause problems joining online sessions? Or is this purely visual..

PiBoSo

𝖙𝖋𝖈

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK so I can change the textures, but changing the values of the CFG files doesn't change the emissions of the particles.

I've also tried adding a changed CFG to the 'effects.pkz' and there is still no change.

I've tried a noticeable change, like copying the contents of 'soilcompact.cfg' to the 'sand.cfg'. I also copied the texture to sand.tga, and the only change is the compact soil texture is used, but the particle emission doesn't behave the same as compact soil. Instead, the particles are bigger but emit like sand, and don't fly through the air like compact soil particles.

Is it something that I can change? Or are the CFG files part of the core accidentally? (I only say accidentally as if it was intentional, I'd see no need for the individual CFG's.. )

𝖙𝖋𝖈

OK never mind.. Seems as though loading a replay made before the CFG's were changed doesn't load the latest CFG. Strange..

I was using replay mode to check changes, but after giving up and using testing mode this morning it appears the particle emmision has indeed changed.

Not sure if that's a bug, if it is it's definitely not an important one ;)

Thanks