• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
May 25, 2019, 07:19:32 am

News:

MX Bikes beta10c available! :)


buying a ktm 125 sx

Started by 2tfanatic, May 12, 2017, 10:33:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2tfanatic

Hey guys do you motocross riders out there have any tips for when i buy a ktm 125 sx, what to look for, etc... Engine wise to be more precise.

2tfanatic


BadStar

Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

2tfanatic

I forgot how childish people where in this community, and how they lack knowledge about real bikes since they only play virtual games like no lives.

тғc

I don't really get anything that's been said in this thread so far, but Rhyveeo your attitude continues to bug me :(
Last Project Alta Redshift MXR


Current Project Hawkstone Replica


Next Project Unknown


Buy Me a Beer

GDUBMX

Add me on Steam : GDUBMX
GDUBMX YouTube

2tfanatic

Quote from: TFC on May 14, 2017, 11:01:08 am
I don't really get anything that's been said in this thread so far, but Rhyveeo your attitude continues to bug me :(


Well i suggest you should start to learn how to read ;)

BadStar

Quote from: Rhyveeo on May 14, 2017, 10:48:41 am
I forgot how childish people where in this community, and how they lack knowledge about real bikes since they only play virtual games like no lives.



So you think the guys who put together engine maps/tyre physics/tracks/OEM and more have no real world experience..hmm


to answer your q:

Always start a used bike COLD..not already warm.  also, check compression. other wise, its good. done
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Asdrael

I'll be the nice guy.

A used (mx (2stroke)) bike is like a horse. Check its teeth.

I'm not even kidding. The state of the chain kit tells a lot about how the bike was maintained. Air filter as well. Sparkplug. Oil runing alongside the lower fork means busted joints and a badly maintained bike. Fork, clutch and throttle travel should be smooth. Runing oil around important joints is also a bad sign (clutch casing for example).

All of this you can check without even turning the bike on, and looking at those components you can tell how the bike is going to be like.

On the other hand, a pipe with a couple of minor digs is nothing to be afraid off. A bent (aka not aligned) lower frame means the bike had at least one heavy crash, and should be double checked.

Compress the engine with the kick starter WITHOUT trying to start it to gauge compression. Then start it. Smell and color of exhaust tells a lot. A 2 stroke will shake harder than your didlo but it's a smooth, regular and "noiseless" shaking. No moving parts outside of the engine.


If you have no idea what I'm on about, get someone to come with you or get the bike from a reknown dealer. A lot of them are "authorized" and know their shit.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

omg.. "shake harder than your dildo"



hahahha..
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

2tfanatic

May 15, 2017, 01:20:33 pm #10 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:24:37 pm by Rhyveeo
Quote from: Asdrael on May 15, 2017, 01:21:24 am
I'll be the nice guy.

A used (mx (2stroke)) bike is like a horse. Check its teeth.

I'm not even kidding. The state of the chain kit tells a lot about how the bike was maintained. Air filter as well. Sparkplug. Oil runing alongside the lower fork means busted joints and a badly maintained bike. Fork, clutch and throttle travel should be smooth. Runing oil around important joints is also a bad sign (clutch casing for example).

All of this you can check without even turning the bike on, and looking at those components you can tell how the bike is going to be like.

On the other hand, a pipe with a couple of minor digs is nothing to be afraid off. A bent (aka not aligned) lower frame means the bike had at least one heavy crash, and should be double checked.

Compress the engine with the kick starter WITHOUT trying to start it to gauge compression. Then start it. Smell and color of exhaust tells a lot. A 2 stroke will shake harder than your didlo but it's a smooth, regular and "noiseless" shaking. No moving parts outside of the engine.


If you have no idea what I'm on about, get someone to come with you or get the bike from a reknown dealer. A lot of them are "authorized" and know their shit.


Yeah i'm the biggest troll and i have tons of money lol that's why i can't even afford a 30€ game, you are a funny person my friend. Thanks for the answer Asdrael it was pretty informative!

And because i got an Aprilia it makes you think that i have loads of money and that i never need help, man you don't even know how hard i work for my shit u have no idea what you are talking about.

2tfanatic

Why the fuck would i need to participate in the game? You are completely on another planet lol thanks for the game btw :)
And why would i play online it's broken af and if only i could tell you how many hours i got in offline you would be amazed lol you have no idea how often i play this game :D :D

PS: don't get salty ne :D

GDUBMX

Quote from: Rhyveeo on May 16, 2017, 05:31:43 pm
Why the fuck would i need to participate in the game? You are completely on another planet lol thanks for the game btw :)
And why would i play online it's broken af and if only i could tell you how many hours i got in offline you would be amazed lol you have no idea how often i play this game :D :D

PS: don't get salty ne :D


Please Rhyveeo do us all a favour now mate and **** off. honestly you are too immature and snarky for this forum, you provide ZERO constructive advice and just take take take. No one will miss you im afraid and im sure you wont miss this forum. In my 3 years of this game i have NEVER seen you play online... So why stick around are blag what you can and shit talk someones hard work all the time? Honestly bugs the shit out of me   >:(
Add me on Steam : GDUBMX
GDUBMX YouTube

2tfanatic

Quote from: GDUBMX on May 16, 2017, 06:05:36 pm
Quote from: Rhyveeo on May 16, 2017, 05:31:43 pm
Why the fuck would i need to participate in the game? You are completely on another planet lol thanks for the game btw :)
And why would i play online it's broken af and if only i could tell you how many hours i got in offline you would be amazed lol you have no idea how often i play this game :D :D

PS: don't get salty ne :D


Please Rhyveeo do us all a favour now mate and **** off. honestly you are too immature and snarky for this forum, you provide ZERO constructive advice and just take take take. No one will miss you im afraid and im sure you wont miss this forum. In my 3 years of this game i have NEVER seen you play online... So why stick around are blag what you can and shit talk someones hard work all the time? Honestly bugs the shit out of me   >:(


Like i said i don't play online because it's broken and why would i need to give advice if i don't want to? Your point makes no sense, it's like going on facebook and asking why people do ZERO for facebook?

GDUBMX

Quote from: Rhyveeo on May 16, 2017, 07:17:56 pm
Your point makes no sense, it's like going on facebook and asking why people do ZERO for facebook?

Add me on Steam : GDUBMX
GDUBMX YouTube