• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:59:49 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Problem with Graphicscard

Started by MxFelix, May 24, 2017, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxFelix

Hey guys!

I recently got a new PC.

Intel Core i7 7700k | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 | 16 GB RAM ...

I redownloaded mxbikes yesterday and installed two tracks and a bike. After racing some meters on HighPoint, the game gets laggy and is unplayable.
Then I decreased my graphics Settings to medium or low, but still the same effect. After some minutes, my Screen was black and I had to restart my Computer, but that wasn't enough, my graphics Card was really hot and my Screen stayed black after rebooting. Had to wait like 1 or 2 hours, after it was working again.

I don't understand this, because I can Play any AAA-Title on highest Settings without any Problems.

Is this a known issue? Can someone help me?

I'm a bit affraid of restarting the game, I don't want to have to buy a new graphics Card..

BadStar

Do you have all windows updates installed?

and do you have only a "clean" install of the latest GTX display driver installed?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

MxFelix

yep, Windows and all Drivers are up to date..

Bj Slice

what psu do you have?
number of pins of the gpu?
monitor spec?
hdmi or dp?
mobo spec?

Thanks!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

CSchmied986

Welcome to the club!  8) I have i5 6700k, 16 GB of DDR4 ram, R9 390 8GB GPU, 1000W PSU, and 500GB SSD, and have the same problem. Not sure if it's a problem with MXB and Win 10, or any other components, but this is the first I've heard of someone having a problem with an Nvidia GPU. As long as your motherboard is PCIe 3.0 and DDR4 RAM compatible, I'm guessing it's not your PC, but possibly issues that just need to be ironed out with the game.

If you run live diagnostics, how hard is your PC working? With MXB, I can't get my PC to run more than 50% power on any of my components.

Bj Slice

May 25, 2017, 06:20:08 AM #5 Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:22:21 AM by Bj Slice
Quote from: MxFelix on May 24, 2017, 10:44:26 AM
Hey guys!

I recently got a new PC.

Intel Core i7 7700k | Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 | 16 GB RAM ...

I redownloaded mxbikes yesterday and installed two tracks and a bike. After racing some meters on HighPoint, the game gets laggy and is unplayable.
Then I decreased my graphics Settings to medium or low, but still the same effect. After some minutes, my Screen was black and I had to restart my Computer, but that wasn't enough, my graphics Card was really hot and my Screen stayed black after rebooting. Had to wait like 1 or 2 hours, after it was working again.

I don't understand this, because I can Play any AAA-Title on highest Settings without any Problems.

Is this a known issue? Can someone help me?

I'm a bit affraid of restarting the game, I don't want to have to buy a new graphics Card..

Your graphics processing chooses integrated or dedicated probably dependent on workload. Make sure you plugged the monitor into the graphics card, not the motherboard. You should be able to set PCI-e as primary in the UEFI BIOS.

and/or

Check in the NVIDIA Control Panel>3D settings > Manage 3D settings

I guess this is automatic

This is game-specific so please check if your gpu is being selected.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Snappe

In the MXB graphics settings, does turning vsync on / off make any difference?

Press ctrl+F ingame to see the fps counter, is it stable? What happens to the FPS when it starts to get laggy?

MxFelix

Thanks for your help! Checked all your suggestions but all is configured right.

Turning V-Sync off / on doesn't make any difference.
FPS-Counter decreases while the game is getting laggy.

Tried to run the game an hour ago. There was no issue and could race for a half an hour. So didn't think, the issue was the game, but I works now and thats nice!  :)