• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:44:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Where has gdub Been?

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, May 30, 2017, 11:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I figured he was just on holiday or something..  ::)

Got a message from him this morning and he's banged up big time. He was doing a 180 hip transfer at a concrete skate park and lost the front end on the way down, full on faceplant. The result is  2 skull fractures, broken nose and a broken sinus.. Didn't know you could break your sinus but wow.. ouch  :o

At least he's out of hospital now, probably nursing a monster headache though lol. Hope he mends quick and is back on MXB soon, the back of the pack is a bit empty without you mate  ;D

Jokes aside, this is what can happen without a helmet and that was one of the first things he said to me. Even a skid lid / piss pot would have at least prevented the skull fractures, maybe not the nose though. I used to ride BMX and never wore any protection let alone a helmet unless it was an indoor skatepark where they enforced the rule, and looking back I know it was a stupid thing to do. If any of you have kids who cycle even on the road make sure they're protected, and if they kick up a fuss show them this thread, I know I will.

Wishing you a fast recovery mate!

Asdrael

Holy.

Hope you get better soon GDub!
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

Haha thanks guys, yeah its been pretty bad. But it could of been much worse. I managed to have a blast on mxb this morning and rode  fine (still slow) so I may jump on this evening and shred it anyone's around.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

Daaaamn!

that´s some serious bad luck, get well soon mate!

rc4187

Ooof... That's a rough hit. Best of luck on recovering, man.

PizzaChet

I've got nine simple words for yall..... Full. Face. Helmet...Full. Face. Helmet...Full. Face. Helmet.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Asdrael

A friend of mine flew down a stairway on his BMX head first (the famous "I can jump this" drunk). Knocked himself out, an old lady called 112 for him. Ended up with, luckily, only an exploded scalp. No bone broken.

Except he is bald, the wound is a huge target X on his forehead, and it was 1 month before his wedding.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

Yep, full face helmet is how I roll with anything.. but who cares at this point..just happy you are good!

btw, I fractured my hip a while back and the good news was I had alot of down time to play MXB!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

joao santos 17

Bad luck gdub get well soon

Bj Slice

My God mate. Wish you well soon.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Ruubs

Geez buddy! Get well soon. We need you back in the GTX nationals!

Hey, at least you're enjoying MXGP 3 though, aren't you? :P

Mace-x

seeing that everything is okay i had to do this, sorry.

Quote from: TFC on May 30, 2017, 11:01:11 AM
Where has gdub Been?
on the floor, he has been on the floor.  ;D

hopefully you will be up and running in no time!  ;)

Twitch135

Damn dude! Hope you have a speedy recovery.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Paradox28

Protection is always the cool thing to do!

GDUBMX

Quote from: geofanatec on May 31, 2017, 04:18:24 AM
Quote from: Paradox28 on May 31, 2017, 04:14:49 AM
Protection is always the cool thing to do!

^ except if you actually want the kid ;D

Lmao

lol awesome :) thanks alot guys,and thanks Geo, appreciate the message this morning bud.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />