• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:14:37 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Steam

Started by PiBoSo, June 13, 2017, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Daytrader on June 14, 2017, 01:12:53 PM
EDIT: i guess there will be workshop support ? cheesr

There are no plans to support the Workshop.

GDUBMX

Hmm,

do you plan on having official Piboso stock servers with no mods on?

Would seem like a wise idea to support the workshop considering you have 99.9% of your games dependent on MODS.

Honestly, with zero singleplayer, zero championship mode, zero dedicated official servers, lack of base content. I dont think the hardcore will be enough to keep this game away from the very negative status.

Steam is relentless, although people here are amazing and will support the game and help out in everyway, i think as a developer you need to have alot more up your sleeve than you have already shown Piboso.

The general population will slam the game for have no content,boring unless you mod, no one plays online.. the same old stuff you see.

Honestly, imo this is the some of the base package you need..

17 supercross tracks
15 motocross tracks
dedicated servers which have auto-download required  mods systems in place
some kind of better singleplayer aspects (ideally AI) Trust me, there is a huge chunk of people you are missing out on by not having ai.
a championship/series mode where you can have points races etc.

i know the purists will say bullshit you dont need those things etc.. but this is steam, not a hardcore mx online game service with the exact niche you are trying to target.
Billy bob and joe bloggs will pick this up with the hopes of a realistic mx vs atv style game and be gutted they cannot race against anyone unless they go online, and have all the mods to be able to play that server etc, floods of threads on this site with people wtf'ing etc.

I want the steam success more than anyone but these are concerns of mine
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

Awesome!  ;D
i Hope steam helps getting more sales, good luck pibs!

BadStar

I can't wait bc I am excited for the money for pibs.. but, I know the people of steam are brutal to games. brutal!
(Trust me, coming from being called "Fan-Boy" on many many just for simple defense of a developer..if they game is not perfect your a F@66*T Fanboy!) lulz

I'm thinking workshop should be @ day1 with release unless you plan to provide a ton of content.

not to mention, the sim is community modded and steam workshop is a major attraction in that regard on steam. Steam players tend to not want to "leave steam and learn to install a mod".

either way.. woot!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

PiBoSo

June 14, 2017, 08:36:40 PM #19 Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:38:34 PM by PiBoSo
Why are you so obsessed with Steam reviews?
Who cares if MXB will receive 90% of negative feedback?
It's not meant to compete with MXvsATV or MXGP, and sell millions of copies. It is a simulator for a niche of connoisseurs.
Steam will just be an additional way to purchase and use MXB, for those that don't like standalone software and PayPal payments.

GDUBMX

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 14, 2017, 08:36:40 PM
It's not meant to compete with MX vs ATV or MXGP, and sell millions of copies. It is a simulator for a niche of connoisseurs.
Steam will just be an additional way to purchase and use MXB, for those that don't like standalone software and PayPal payments.

Thats fair enough and i totally get it and believe me i stand by you with your points and am one of those connoisseurs as you well know mate.

I simply want MXB to have success which can benefit you enough to work full time on motocross lol. We know its a gem and thats all that matters at the end of the day.

Honestly though, i think you should really consider the workshop. That would be a huge benefit..

What are your thoughts though with regards to extra base game content? (which is created by you and not our mods)

BadStar

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 14, 2017, 08:36:40 PM
It's not meant to compete with MXvsATV or MXGP, and sell millions of copies. It is a simulator for a niche of connoisseurs.

Yea, I like your response to our concern.

We are just passionate and want success..

#fanboy

Edit: All in all, F the reviews and jerks... but steam workshop on a "mod/community" driven game may really be something to consider
#backseatdev
#lol
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Rutjes

I have to agree with the guy above about Steam Workshop. If you put the game on Steam, you have to add Workshop support (and get rid of the mismatch errors, use dummies?).
2004 Honda CR125R
1984 Chevrolet K30 M1028

CSchmied986

June 15, 2017, 07:58:20 AM #23 Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:04:07 AM by NorCal 986
MX vs ATV has good reviews and is trash..... This game being a success will surely bring frustration and haters. As long as people buy the game and support the financial ability for the game to grow, I don't care if every review is negative, and I don't think anyone who is already here cares either! The people who are already looking for this type of game will love it, and those who aren't, will hate it. I personally would much rather play a game where the community released most of the content, rather than just playing what the developer gives you. I think the current 'included' tracks, plus the Vegas track, will be more than enough for anyone who is going to like this game anyways.  8)

Snappe

Quote from: GDUBMX on June 14, 2017, 05:28:01 PM
Honestly, imo this is the some of the base package you need..

17 supercross tracks
15 motocross tracks
dedicated servers which have auto-download required  mods systems in place
some kind of better singleplayer aspects (ideally AI) Trust me, there is a huge chunk of people you are missing out on by not having ai.
a championship/series mode where you can have points races etc.

Many AAA games don't have anywhere near this many tracks.
But, with funds, more tracks will come. Even without funds I'll make as many tracks as possible.

Auto download... Possible, but the server owner would need to consider the bandwidth requirements of this.

Single player isn't planned, and we're for sure not going to shoehorn it in to try and please the average Steam gamer.

Quote from: Rutjes on June 15, 2017, 01:04:46 AM
I have to agree with the guy above about Steam Workshop. If you put the game on Steam, you have to add Workshop support (and get rid of the mismatch errors, use dummies?).

Workshop isn't required... And it's a lot of work to implement. Instead we're trying to make mod installation a easier.

Ruubs

Awesome Pibs and Snappe!

Asdrael

I think I beat GDUB at being the first one to follow on Steam ;)
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

GDUBMX

June 16, 2017, 09:26:26 PM #28 Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:36:41 PM by GDUBMX
hahah :D nice one Piboso and Snappe, so cool to see :D

Yeah i noticed Asdrael.. :) i created some threads though haha

CSchmied986

How long before the games are able for purchase on Steam?