• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:24:48 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Steam

Started by PiBoSo, June 13, 2017, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

June 16, 2017, 10:02:08 PM #30 Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:05:08 PM by BadStar
Quote from: GDUBMX on June 16, 2017, 09:26:26 PM
hahah :D nice one Piboso and Snappe, so cool to see :D

Yeah i noticed Asdrael.. :) i created some threads though haha

Glad you created a couple threads.

I added one to a link of my steam profile that has some video's already posted :)

I forgot about VR support.. that will help on steam also!

*Followed
*on "Wish-list"
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

This should be added to the vids on your store page!

https://www.youtube.com/v/WMEeXfD-ScU&t=6s
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Bj Slice

Older games still get sales because of the game's workshop support. New games like this to come to steam will get even more sales than that of the old ones. A new customer will actually expect something more. A simmer will look for the stuffs that makes the game a simulator and different than the one they enjoyed. Even bigger games are starting to rely/relies on mods through the workshop.

I personally don't care about negative reviews because I am enjoying the game but they hurt the sales. A handful of MX and SX tracks and a good online experience will probably  get you more $$ rather than getting  returns after returns because of lack of contents and features. I would rather serve a well-cooked simple meal to a customer than serving the best food but lacks preparation.

I don't say that the game does not have some things to amaze customers, it does. I just feel it needs a bit more than what it currently has.

I am really excited for the release on steam. I wish this game success because that means we all will enjoy it more.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

PiBoSo

Quote from: BadStar on June 18, 2017, 06:39:46 AM
This should be added to the vids on your store page!

https://www.youtube.com/v/WMEeXfD-ScU&t=6s

Thank you for the suggestion.
Done: http://store.steampowered.com/app/655500/MX_Bikes/

BadStar

July 01, 2017, 03:42:57 PM #34 Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:47:25 PM by BadStar
Pibs/Snappe

Please consider making at least one true Super-Moto track for the steam release?!

An actual asphalt/dirt mix with true street and motocross sections!

If physics are still an issue, just make the dirt/motocross sections in the straights and leave the turns for the street..  almost as if someone dropped a dirt section over a couple straights on a road/kart track. or if dirt turns exist in the dirt section just make the banks good deep/high.

just and example of what I mean as far as a true supermoto mixed track

https://www.youtube.com/v/z15RD23lSH8&t=68s

You already have solid MX tracks and community made mx to prove to steam "modding" community that its very capable..
You are going to release a beautiful SX track and already some community made SX so the steam modding folks will see they can do SX as well.
We don't really see anything on the true Supermoto platform and would love a (I know it isn't as popular but will 100% be the reason for some sales)
Kinda like your enduro, thanks for having it! it was a big sell point for me.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Congrats - hope this helps!

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

digasro

i would have to agree.. making the downloading of mods easier/ simpler (or biting the bullet and going for Workshop compatibility)  would benefit your games ALOT, when steam goes live.. it could be the difference between people telling their friends to buy, or playing once or twice and asking for steam refund...
Most active 7Pm- 2Am GMT+00
Sat/Sun: Anytime
Supermoto Fanatic
PM me to host a session and ride

BadStar

Right. Krp will be a great learning lesson for piboso and steam.

Bugs/glitches
Refunds galore bc no ai
Workshop/missing
And so on

I will say a huge draw to his sims will be VR for steam
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

I'd agree that no matter how hard it is to support Workshop, it's important to the community and quite possibly the success of this venture.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

philiaN

So when it comes to the Steam release imo there should be some things be done.

1. General optimizations / Netcode

minimum of 25 rider smooth like your ghost rider better would be ~40 (i mean its necessary for all the piboso games)

2. the terrain feeling in dry and wet conditions

hard, soft, sand

3. new rider model with improved movement and animations

we have such beautiful graphics and than this rider model like he is straigt coming from the 80's  ;D (example how the rider model should more look like is attached)

4. atleast 350xf and 450xf update to OEM - better would be all the bikes

im sure asdrael would help here :)

5. server joining with auto download of the needed mods

steam workshop or piboso's mod thing it doenst care

pacopastor34

Quote from: philiaN on August 04, 2017, 03:48:54 AM

+1

loinen

Quote from: pacopastor34 on August 04, 2017, 12:44:37 PM
Quote from: philiaN on August 04, 2017, 03:48:54 AM

+1

it looks like a problem for server due to size of mods.
i think the least thing which must be done is making the servers with modded content visible to client so he could know that some mods exist and he can google for them easily. people bought KRP and complain about not enough content, i guess they do not even know about official site and forum, they just see default stuff, very very sad.

philiaN

i dont meant that you have to download it from the server. if you joining a server with mods and you dont have them, it should be automatic downloaded through the launcher/workshop whatever..

GDUBMX

This is why a workshop style utility is essential.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

loinen

Quote from: philiaN on August 05, 2017, 10:32:28 AM
i dont meant that you have to download it from the server. if you joining a server with mods and you dont have them, it should be automatic downloaded through the launcher/workshop whatever..
i'm talking exactly about autodownload as not a simple task as it may seem to implement and support by dev. And minimal solution imo should be allowing default guys to see modded servers and their content so they could find it manually at least.