• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:20 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

osmeralda

This is amazing. :D I downloadeed it so I could have gear indicator in first person but i don't even use it. Fell in love with the helmet and rumble! Thanks Max!

Bento

Quote from: osmeralda on November 26, 2016, 01:07:31 PM
This is amazing. :D I downloadeed it so I could have gear indicator in first person but i don't even use it. Fell in love with the helmet and rumble! Thanks Max!

FYI you can enable the gear indicator in first person via Settings>Simulation>Cockpit View section>Show HUD  :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey MaX, I know it's the holidays so not trying to pester, but have you got plans to release a compatible MaXhud for b5? Really missing it :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: TFC on December 28, 2016, 10:19:47 PM
Hey MaX, I know it's the holidays so not trying to pester, but have you got plans to release a compatible MaXhud for b5? Really missing it :)
It's baking :)

Slowly, as I was up in  the mountains (back now) and as I have one annoying Heisenbug (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenbug).

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Awesome ;) well good luck, I did see the posts on the pib board about the fonts, looking forward to it :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: geofanatec on December 29, 2016, 03:11:00 AM
Hope you made a more suitable seat/stand indicator :)
I can't (the plugin doesn't know when the rider is sitting/standing) and I wouldn't anyway, now that the indicator is implemented in MXB. Just a matter of fixing the MXB one (shouldn't be hard to find the appropriate .tga files and recolor them).

Quote from: TFC on December 29, 2016, 09:10:31 AM
Awesome ;) well good luck, I did see the posts on the pib board about the fonts, looking forward to it :)
Yeah, I've made the fonts used by the plugin configurable.
Now that I can use a monospaced font, I can eventually think about having "rolling text" on screen. Low-priority though.

HornetMaX

V2.0.5 (2016/12/29) out:

• Updated for MXB beta5.
  • Allow to change the fonts used by the plugin (2 fixed and 3 variable are provided, more can be added, read the .pdf manual for infos).
  • Use fixed font (monospaced) where it makes sense (e.g. HUDTiming).
  • Better looking HUDMenu.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks MaX, looking forward to trying this later!

philiaN

like always well done Max, but there is a little bug. :/ There is no option to turn off the Lean Indicator

HornetMaX

v2.05b (2016/12/30) out:

• HUDLean not showing in menu  :-[ (reported by philiaN).

philiaN

one more :/ i cant turn off/(on) the general (complete hud)

**can someone check this too?

HornetMaX

Quote from: philiaN on December 30, 2016, 08:59:35 PM
one more :/ i cant turn off/(on) the general (complete hud)
That's normal, albeit admittedly a bit surprising. I will avoid displaying the on/off button, to make this clear.

There's no option to turn it off completely, but I was pondering having an option (under "General) to switch between two configurations: one configuration would be the entire set of parameters of each widget (on/off status, position, all the other options).

This could be useful (for example) to have a setup for 3rd person view and one for 1st person, or one for riding and one for spectating/streaming, or one for joking around and one for racing etc.

philiaN

it wasnt a big deal for me, just thought that it was possible in b4 :)

btw. what do you need to improve the standings? more updates are needed for this. is it possible to get these informations by the checkpoints?

HornetMaX

Quote from: philiaN on December 30, 2016, 09:41:07 PM
it wasnt a big deal for me, just thought that it was possible in b4 :)
In beta4 there was no "General" option in the plugin, so it definitely was not possible  :)

Quote from: philiaN on December 30, 2016, 09:41:07 PM
btw. what do you need to improve the standings? more updates are needed for this. is it possible to get these informations by the checkpoints?
They are updated when a rider crosses the finish line. That's decided by MXB.
I could put in place something that updates it in a more timely fashion (i.e. when a rider overtakes another), but it's a bit messy and I'd need to drop the gaps (time between riders).

HornetMaX

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 29, 2016, 10:03:05 AM
Quote from: geofanatec on December 29, 2016, 03:11:00 AM
Hope you made a more suitable seat/stand indicator :)
I can't (the plugin doesn't know when the rider is sitting/standing) and I wouldn't anyway, now that the indicator is implemented in MXB. Just a matter of fixing the MXB one (shouldn't be hard to find the appropriate .tga files and recolor them).
If you look into misc.pkz you'll find "helpers/riderstand.tga", that's the .tga for the seat/stand indicator.
So basically go into your MXB folder, create a "misc/helpers" folder and put your own riderstand.tga in it.