• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:28:08 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

JNS47

First of all, thanks for the plugin, pretty useful!

I'm not sure if I have the latest version or if the bug got already reported, but live gap bar on testing keeps running when you pause (press escape). Or not exactly running, it freezes as it should and if you resume, the time you had it paused gets added.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JNS47 on March 11, 2020, 07:41:50 PMI'm not sure if I have the latest version or if the bug got already reported, but live gap bar on testing keeps running when you pause (press escape). Or not exactly running, it freezes as it should and if you resume, the time you had it paused gets added.
This comes from the fact that MXB internal timing reported to the plugin has a bug(*): it has been reported a long time ago (years) but it is still unfixed. Due to that, in order to have reliable timing info in the plugin (what is used for the livegap stuff), I use Windows precise timer, which of course is unaware of the game being "paused".
Handling the pause state in the plugin would be a bit messy, so I didn't do it: the plugin livegap stuff will be off if you "pause" (as you reported).

All this won't happen if MXB timing was fixed.

(*)
The MXB (and GPB, RS, KRP) timing problem only affects the timing reported to the output plugin (i.e. the lap times MXB reports are correct). What happens is that the timing info in the calls to RunTelemetry tend to drift over time (multiple laps).
If I recall correctly, the problem may come from the way the integration time steps are summed (due to finite precision).
I think I even provided PiBoSo with a link to a more accurate way to do the summation (in case this was the origin of the issue).

HornetMaX

V2.2.0 out (2020/05/06)
  • Important: there are new files in the MaxHUD_data fodler: please copy the whole folder.
  • All the widgets that had the option to show or not a background can now also use a .tga file as background. Click on the menu option to know the file name each widget is expecting (in MaxHUD_data folder).
  • HUDMap: Improved track drawing. Now plots a border along the track. Width and color of track and border can be
    configured. Track width and track border width have a "fixed screen size" option. Warning: widget configuration will be
    reset.
  • HUDStandings: some cosmetic rework. Warning: widget configuration will be reset.
  • Fixed some scaling/aspect ratio bugs.
  • Some cosmetic changes all around.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Oooh Max, thank you very much!

Can I make a request for the next release? Would it be possible to disable the helmet if in 3rd person? I frequently change from 1st to 3rd and keep having to turn the helmet on and off.

Thanks again!

HornetMaX

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on May 06, 2020, 07:17:07 PMOooh Max, thank you very much!

Can I make a request for the next release? Would it be possible to disable the helmet if in 3rd person? I frequently change from 1st to 3rd and keep having to turn the helmet on and off.

Thanks again!
Hi, no I cannot do that: the plugin has no idea if you're 1st or 3rd person.

But that's why I've created the profiles: you can have (for examples) one for 1st person and one for 3rd person.

It's harder to explain than to use :)
Each profile has the on/off status of each widget. Additionally, you can choose for each widget:
  • if its position is the same in each profile or not (the "pin" button)
  • if each widget parameter is the same in eah profile or not (the "link" button)
Bottom line: you can have 3 different setups of the widgets and switch between the 3 clicking on the "P1" / helmet button.

Niko Mouk

Thank you for the update Max !
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 06, 2020, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on May 06, 2020, 07:17:07 PMOooh Max, thank you very much!

Thanks again!
Hi, no I cannot do that: the plugin has no idea if you're 1st or 3rd person.

But that's why I've created the profiles: you can have (for examples) one for 1st person and one for 3rd person.

It's harder to explain than to use :)
Each profile has the on/off status of each widget. Additionally, you can choose for each widget:
  • if its position is the same in each profile or not (the "pin" button)
  • if each widget parameter is the same in eah profile or not (the "link" button)
Bottom line: you can have 3 different setups of the widgets and switch between the 3 clicking on the "P1" / helmet button.

Understood, and appreciate it! I'll set them up :)

okwes

Would it be possible to have the live timing go further than 9:59.99 for one lap? I'm wanting to use this for Enduro, where the lap time will be over 1hr

iNsane

hey Max, while we are testing Erzberg which was the reason MXB got support for +50 Checkpoints, the plugin makes the game laggy as hell.
Someone with AMD setup got 15 fps, I had 30-40. Removing MaxHUD resolved the issue, AMD has 80 fps and I with everything maxed out suddenly have 80-100 fps.

Is this anything you can resolve? I think it's due the amount of CPs. Erzberg has around 400ish.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

HornetMaX

Quote from: iNsane | WW on July 05, 2020, 09:55:22 PMhey Max, while we are testing Erzberg which was the reason MXB got support for +50 Checkpoints, the plugin makes the game laggy as hell.
Someone with AMD setup got 15 fps, I had 30-40. Removing MaxHUD resolved the issue, AMD has 80 fps and I with everything maxed out suddenly have 80-100 fps.

Is this anything you can resolve? I think it's due the amount of CPs. Erzberg has around 400ish.

Hi, sorry for the delay, I was on vacation (and I don't get any forum notification).

Not sure the number ofd CPs is the cause, the plugin doesn't even see them. Is there a place where I can download the track so that I can have a look ?

P.S.
I've PMed you my email, will be faster to communicate this way.

teeds

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

HornetMaX

Hmm it's 40Km long, that's likely the reason. I'll have a look when I have the time.

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

HornetMaX

Quote from: okwes on July 05, 2020, 03:59:06 PMWould it be possible to have the live timing go further than 9:59.99 for one lap? I'm wanting to use this for Enduro, where the lap time will be over 1hr
Yeah that's easy. Won't look very pretty in cases where one lap/split can be below/above 10min as it will show (example) 9:55.123 (below 10min) and 00h10:45 if above but guess that would be ok.