• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:52 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dreams and such.. A.I.

Started by BadStar, June 23, 2017, 10:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

I am well aware a.i. is on the lowest of tasking.. and its fully understandable..

but, lets ramble about an idea I have and how it will or won't ever work. ahahha

1)FORGET A.I.
2)We do have GHOST..
3)Allow multiple ghosts
4)Allow ghosts to be updated with other rider's ghost..
5)race the hell out of faster riders ghost.. up to maybe 5?

sounds fun? seems easy enough for a back seat dev to dream up with ZERO dev experience..so its obviously a great idea ?! lulz
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

GDUBMX

Quote from: BadStar on June 23, 2017, 10:48:22 PM
I am well aware a.i. is on the lowest of tasking.. and its fully understandable..

but, lets ramble about an idea I have and how it will or won't ever work. ahahha

1)FORGET A.I.
2)We do have GHOST..
3)Allow multiple ghosts

sounds fun? seems easy enough for a back seat dev to dream up with ZERO dev experience..so its obviously a great idea ?! lulz

+infinity

i love this idea man
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

1)FORGET A.I.
2)We do have GHOST..
3)Allow multiple ghosts

It is already possible to save a trainer and load others ( up to 10 ) from disk.
The trainers' folder is: "My Documents"\PiBoSo\Kart Racing Pro\profiles\"profile name"\trainers\

BadStar

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 24, 2017, 12:33:49 AM

1)FORGET A.I.
2)We do have GHOST..
3)Allow multiple ghosts

It is already possible to save a trainer and load others ( up to 10 ) from disk.
The trainers' folder is: "My Documents"\PiBoSo\Kart Racing Pro\profiles\"profile name"\trainers\

WHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Final question..

when can ghost be visible in replay??    Movie magic!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

CSchmied986

My only problem with the the ghost, and especially multiple, is that you typically take the same line so it would look a bit goofy, and I personally just find the ghost distracting. I think it would be cool if when you started a lap, the ghost replay was 2-3 seconds ahead, so you were chasing it rather than having it appear and disappear around you.

GDUBMX

Just curious, how would you go about training ai and adding them? What makes it so difficult?

BadStar

Quote from: NorCal 986 on June 24, 2017, 12:48:55 AM
My only problem with the the ghost, and especially multiple, is that you typically take the same line so it would look a bit goofy, and I personally just find the ghost distracting. I think it would be cool if when you started a lap, the ghost replay was 2-3 seconds ahead, so you were chasing it rather than having it appear and disappear around you.

No.. not multiple a.i. of me racing myself..

I am talking about we upload our best trainers and download each others.. which makes a type of a.i.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Quote from: geofanatec on June 24, 2017, 01:10:26 AM
AI is a whole new level!

Very hard to have ai react to your bike and even not follow same line lap after lap after lap (like MXGP, their AI sucks and all one line).

To have truly ai like real players would be years of development.

Umm.. this thread is not about developing a.i.

it's about using data from other players to run multiple ghost..similar to a.i. (but much more competitive for offline/training

btw..mxgp3, they don't take the same lines anymore

Edit: nvm geo, I see what gdub said now
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

June 24, 2017, 05:25:04 AM #9 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:28:33 AM by BadStar
If we all uploaded our personal trainers to one-shop and pibs made an optional collidable ghost.. it would be a.i. awesomeness

Anyway.. since it works already, I wish I could get trainers from everyone.. would be epic. Oh wellllllllll
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

CSchmied986

Ahhhhhhhh, gotcha. The only problem there is that fast guys are not going to post their ghost's because, well, this is intended to be a a sim and competitive,  and people keep any secret lines or choices just that, a secret. Just my opinion. On MXS,you don't see Tysen showing everyone how he's so fast. I just think the online community needs to grow, and screw ghost's.

GDUBMX

I'm hindsight Norcal, yeah that fine..but how often I there people always online? How often can  you play online without people disappearing or warping about.? Badstar has a great idea and it will give people who prefer that singleplayer element something closer to what they want. And about your secret lines point.. That isn't a great point tbh haha,  the real pros all ride practice at a track together and take video of eachother to see where who is fastest.. There is no secrets, you just have to learn those other guys lines and then it comes down to pure skill and speed.lets be honest, stone can post his ghost but there is no chance in hell a guy like me will be able to figure out his speed then match it. Hahh

Ruubs

So, what track do you want BadStar?

Ruubs

That's a video from 1 month before it's final release. It's improved.

Don't complain about a game without playing the hell out of it first. A lot of people do that with Mx Bikes, which causes it to have such a small community atm.

Twitch135

June 24, 2017, 04:44:25 PM #14 Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:48:29 PM by Twitch135
Here's a quick clip of adding a second trainer I did for an example.  :)
Also not sure if the sky is normal for this track during rain. First time riding it in the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fKfl0_RkxUA
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135