• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:28:23 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

SuperMoto - TEST TRACK

Started by BadStar, July 01, 2017, 09:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadStar

July 01, 2017, 09:47:28 PM Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:25:01 AM by BadStar
Just goofed around for a bit to see if only doing the material names/masks make for good SM fun.. it works very well!!

Ignore the awful track, just cool to see and feel the track transition from asphalt to dirt and back without having to make objects!

Here is a link to this "not polished turd", haha..  just a test track I literally slapped together. After a couple laps it and learnign the poor timing on jumps, it can be fun! (not meant for any type of release)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAsDDh9N3Vkckp2M3pJeTRqcms/view?usp=sharing

https://www.youtube.com/v/R71DWPu43Bg
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Nice nice... So I never tried this before but I'll ask since you've done it. Does the asphalt deform at all??

BadStar

You know.. I forgot to test that part. I'll run a bunch of laps in a little and will report back
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

July 02, 2017, 03:37:15 AM #3 Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:35:49 PM by BadStar
No deform!!

So far, I see no signs of deform. I can actually feel the bike transition from the grass to the road when crossing the different material types. The tyre does leave marks on the asphalt as expected, rubber but not rutted. (not pictured)

My test was done with knobbies, I figured that would be the best test.

This is waaay easier than an object, lol. Especially for simple roads and pits.

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

Quote from: geofanatec on July 02, 2017, 03:47:09 PM
^ Anyone else getting a pic that says "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"?

Last couple pics you posted that's all I see
Me too.

BadStar

July 02, 2017, 04:21:16 PM #5 Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:34:39 PM by BadStar
I'm so sick of photobucket.. it just randomly decides to post that crap lately even though there is no reason for me to update my free account lol.. ehhh, will fix it soon
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

strange.. on my mobile phone I see the "update account pic" but while looking at the forum on my pc I see the pic of the track. stupid
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

grimm

Quote from: BadStar on July 02, 2017, 04:21:16 PM
I'm so sick of photobucket.. it just randomly decides to post that crap lately even though there is no reason for me to update my free account lol.. ehhh, will fix it soon

Photobucket changed terms of service/use, $400 a year for 3rd party hosting now. Ruined literally thousands of pictures I've got linked to forums for bikes I've built over the past 10 years or so. It's not going to change either, time for a new image hosting site. Never tried it but everyone is saying imgur is the way to go right now. :(
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 13, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

GO GO Gadget positive attitude!

Snappe

Quote from: BadStar on July 02, 2017, 03:37:15 AM
No deform!!

So it's a bit of a hack but completely black areas of the heightmap won't deform since there's nothing lower than black. It only works as long as your tarmac is completely flat.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Aha!.. That actually explains a lot. I've kind of spotted this in the past but didn't think anything of it.

Would you consider changing the parameters of the asphalt surface for the next beta so it doesn't deform at all?

Thanks for the explanation.

BadStar

Luckily many sm/kart tracks are fairly flat and if i want elevation change just make it in the "dirt" sections..

I'm glad this hack exist so it's possible to have legit sm..

But I am with fats, make the material non deforming!!
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Just for giggles and for your boredom.. I posted a link to the test track.. (make sure your really bored) lol
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime