Author Topic: Southwick Groomed | Deformation maps  (Read 2285 times)

Sandbiter

• View Profile
    • RK Web development
Southwick Groomed | Deformation maps
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:14:37 PM »

https://www.mediafire.com/?4bacaeqw9xa5t8i

---
New version of Southwick 2016. Terrain is fully groomed, it has new textures and overall better optimized. The track also has deformation maps which Asdrael and I have played around with. The deformation should form ruts, braking bumps and waves.
---

The Wick! Motocross’ most famous sandbox returns to greet racers with its classic ultra-rough terrain, a never-ending bump fest that just gets deeper and tougher as the day goes on. A sand track is an entirely different animal, and if the riders aren’t prepared, it will eat them up.

The key to The Wick is adapting to its ever-shifting terrain. Fans should get there early to see how smooth the track looks before practice begins, and then track how quickly the bumps begin to form. By the end of practice, the place is totally whooped out, and they only get deeper during the motos. The smartest riders will keep searching for smoother lines, hitting the untouched spots until they get rough, then finding new ground again somewhere else.  Making these decisions while your heart, lungs, arms and legs are screaming is something only the toughest and fittest can do.

Southwick is so unique that it favors local riders more than any other track. They know where the good lines will develop, and they’ll have The Wick faithful pushing them to dig deep late in the motos. Be sure to scan the hometown listings for each rider on the entry list—someone you’ve never heard of might be in contention for a podium.

For all of its gnarliness, Southwick is nestled right in the middle of a very quaint downtown. You’ll be surprised to find a legendary motocross track nestled right up against baseball fields and an American Legion post, but all of that just adds to an experience unlike any other.

Credits:
Piboso and Snappe for the documentations.
Vortex_Damien for the bleacher model.
Most of the community for beta testing awhile back.
Asdrael for his sand textures / norms and testing out the deformation map idea.
promotocross.com for the track history.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:45:32 PM by Sandbiter »

Asdrael

• OEM Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Southwick Groomed | Deformation maps
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:29:04 PM »
Awesome, the latest version was great fun. And with sand deforming that fast, it really makes lines emerge and change. I can only assume that it's the last one we "beta tested" but I can already say great job Sandy   ;D

Now I just need my computer back so I can play it haha
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

BadStar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »
Dang, I am going to miss it in its glory (race).. out of town today

Maybe a fun event sometime?
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Sandbiter

• View Profile
    • RK Web development
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »
Awesome, the latest version was great fun. And with sand deforming that fast, it really makes lines emerge and change. I can only assume that it's the last one we "beta tested" but I can already say great job Sandy   ;D

Now I just need my computer back so I can play it haha
Should be the same. I don't think I've changed anything else.

Dang, I am going to miss it in its glory (race).. out of town today

Maybe a fun event sometime?
I'm all in for a fun event sometime! ;D