• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:48:02 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

OK that's it, i'm done.

Started by StoneRider, July 09, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Holy crap.. MXS is expensive!!  :o

CSchmied986

MXS is $40. And even though I like this game more, MXS physics are far more realistic. Most people who talk down on MXS just arent good enough to play it. But the creator and the fact he does not care about what people want and the games features are about 5 years behind are the main reasons I finally left that game. But hopefully people will continue to come from that community to this one, this game just needs to progress more. (especially netcode and physics problems.

PizzaChet

It's like someone saying they're going to kill themselves. I was just showing him the way to the bridge. If I had a nickel for every time someone made an announcement that they're through, I'd have enough to go out and make a proper sim.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Ruubs

Quote from: NorCal 986 on July 12, 2017, 06:38:38 AM
MXS is $40. And even though I like this game more, MXS physics are far more realistic.
That's so wrong.
Whenever I get on MX Bikes it feels 100 times more realistic than MX Sim.

MX Bikes actually is a sim, MX Sim is all fake for as far as I know. MX Bikes uses all real forces etc. while MX Sim uses forces which feel right. Obviously MX Sim also has it's real forces etc, but way way less than MX Bikes and that's definitly noticable in the way it feels in comparison with real life.

IMO MX Sim is an incredible hard arcade motocross game. MX Bikes is a true sim. Sure there are lots of things still wrong with MX Bikes, like not being able to push it and wheelie through big sand rollers etc. but the overall feel is already way better. It's just a matter of time now before it's truly the best.

Quote from: NorCal 986 on July 12, 2017, 06:38:38 AMMost people who talk down on MXS just arent good enough to play it.
I've had the game since December 2009. I've played it hardcore, won European championships and got 2nd behind Dennis Fjeldberg a couple of years in the European outdoor and supercross series.
I'd say I'm good enough to play it. So I may talk it down. :)

Mace-x

July 12, 2017, 06:28:02 PM #19 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 06:30:08 PM by Mace-x
Quote from: NorCal 986 on July 12, 2017, 06:38:38 AMMost people who talk down on MXS just arent good enough to play it.

Nope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eob4zwef0R4

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66

and jlv sent me the game to test it when it wasnt on sale, 2007 i think it was.

while mxsim does some things right it feels like riding a rc bike, it´s fun, it´s dynamic and it´s rewarding, but is not a simulator by any means, just see the stupidly oversized tracks, the bikes can get a unusual amount of speed in almost no time, they are like drag cars hahaha and the lack of updates, dont get me started.

overall this game is so much better, i wish piboso wouldnt be making 4 games at once  :(

Edit:
The guys at lcq studios are making some good progress, there´s some whip videos on facebook and it looks quite fun and responsive, and congratulations to Damo on the bike/shaders, great work mate!

PizzaChet

So you're saying that you prefer the Russian lunar program to the American one? Forget the actual successes and prefer the one that hasn't really launched yet? Sounds legit.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Mace-x

oh no, i did enjoyed mx simulator for around 5 years and i still think that the game is a great one, i just wish it got further development to see where it could go, there´s some things that really bugged me like terrain deformation (was promised, was implemented once, never touched again), the rider that doesnt disengage from the bike, the rider not being able to lean left or right, the physics, while fun and active still needs tons of tweaking, etc.
Mx simulator did lots of things good and i´m always gratefull for the great times and community that we had, the terrain editor was a great starting point, the decals system for texturing was great, i liked the physics and overall was a awesome game.

i just feel that mx bikes has a more solid base and if piboso centered on developing this game only for a year this would be an amazing game, remember that this game is almost 3 years old, vs the 8+ years of mx simulator.

And dont forget that this game is priced at around half the price as mxsim, because is on beta, while mx sim released a full priced beta that, today is still missing important features.

BadStar

July 12, 2017, 08:51:25 PM #22 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:56:33 PM by BadStar
Hope I didn't sound like I was hating on mx sim. Bc it deserves alot of respect.

The floating bikes is an issue with me (sorta moon like) and the speed is a bit too fast for my realism taste. Many utube vids show how fast and far u can float jumps. I just don't like that float stuff.

With that said. It really is one of the greatest to for the mx community so I really don't mean to be bashing.

Just not my taste after playing mxb. Which has very good gravity and speed.. nit picky I know

With that said: I have studied and flown the DCS a10c warthog for a while now..and not that a10a (If that means anything, lol) aka (i like the little details)
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

PizzaChet

Fair enough to both of you! I just hate seeing irrational statements formed out of frustration. It's easy to cloud reality with a pinch of hope and optimism for one thing when you are frustrated with another. Kinda like politics!

BadStar

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 12, 2017, 09:01:53 PM
Fair enough to both of you! I just hate seeing irrational statements formed out of frustration. It's easy to cloud reality with a pinch of hope and optimism for one thing when you are frustrated with another. Kinda like politics!

Indeed
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

𝖙𝖋𝖈

As someone who's never played MXS past the demo I don't want to judge, but I tried it years ago hoping for my next mx fix and was disappointed. MXB ticks all the boxes for me so it's worth waiting for. I knew what I was getting in to from day one, it's just a shame that only a handful of people really knew what buying into the beta meant. We've lost so many good community members especially right after beta 1 it's unreal, but I'm glad to see the community build again and get stronger with every beta. Keep holding on it will be worth it!

PizzaChet

July 12, 2017, 11:05:05 PM #26 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:10:39 PM by PizzaChet
To be blunt Fats, I was disappointed by having to pay for so little, such incomplete content after having the demo for so long. You sure want to play the long game, don't ya?
P.S. I'm deferring my install of either MXB or MXS after building a new computer because A: that folder sync deal is a hassle. and B: I'm shitty enough at both sims to wait.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I might be a different case to most though, as I'm way more interested in modding over racing.

Mace-x

Quote from: PizzaChet on July 12, 2017, 11:05:05 PM
To be blunt Fats, I was disappointed by having to pay for so little, such incomplete content after having the demo for so long.

mxb:
8 tracks 4 bikes

mxs:
12 tracks 8 bikes

but come on, compare these:

Mxs is nothing without the community, mx bikes at least comes with some quality content stock.

i just wish modding mxb would be less tedious, having to compile the freaking track over and over sucks and is so slow  :(

CSchmied986

I wish the MXS tracks could easily be converted to MXB. But the only thing that really bugs me about MXB physics is the roll limit. You cant lean very far until you hit a berm or rut, and in real life that obviously is not the case. It makes it weird to judge corner speed cause you cant lean very much until you hit banking.