• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:55:42 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Anyone interested in importing this?

Started by CSchmied986, July 24, 2017, 07:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSchmied986

I've been thinking that this game definitely needs a KTM, and I've had this model for quite a while, and wondered if anyone wanted the task of importing it? Like the KXF, it is Jay's 2015 version. I just don't have the time to take it on.

LastFriday

I love this bike, and would like to import it ;) ;D

Bj Slice

that orange bike looks sick man. Good render!
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Ruubs

Jay doesn't want us to import and ride his bikes. Some guys don't give a f*ck about how much time people put in their models though.

CSchmied986

July 26, 2017, 12:26:14 AM #4 Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:28:08 AM by NorCal 986
Nobody seemed to mind Stone adding the KXF, I just figured since I paid for this model, which I think should make it ok as long as I dont give the model or template away.  but either way its not a big deal.

But I guess he's made over $20,000 on those 2 models, so I think people care about his effort.

CSchmied986

I guess the way I see it, anyone on MXS can also ride these models, but in order to make your own, you must purchase the model and template, which I figured would be the same on here.

But ya, for a long time most people have just made models for fun so people can enjoy them. P2sta is incredible and he has said he doesn't care if people want to use his models, and the current models in this game are all free from MXS cause those guys just enjoy people using their creations. (Honda, Yamaha, Husky, etc.)

Mace-x

the model was sold as a model along the imported version on mxsim or just the mxsim version?

if the obj or (insert any model format here) was sold to you then fuck it, the model is yours to do as you wish, if the model was sold only as a bike in mxsim then people are fucking stupid, that`s worth $5 tops each model and that`s expensive.

CSchmied986

It was not sold as anything really, it was just sold. There was no statement saying you wouldn't use it for another game, you just gave the money and got the product. I definitely have a ton of respect for Jay and his models, otherwise I would never have paid anything for them, But putting it into this game is not violating any agreement, and I'm not giving away what he is selling, so if someone wants to import it, I'm willing to take any and all blame.  8)

Mace-x

Did he send the 3d model along the mxsim version?
was there a readme saying that you couldnt use it anywhere else?

then it´s your model.

here´s an example
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/kawasaki-kx-250-f-max/799890

You buy that and you can use it anywhere, even milestone could buy that model and use it in their games.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

We've had this before. I pointed out that unless it was purchased with any kind of usage rights you can do what you want with it. Legally anyway, morally, well that's up to whoever chooses to import it.

Alex

if you bought the model then its fine lol

PizzaChet

Quote from: TFC on July 27, 2017, 05:44:46 PMLegally anyway, morally, well that's up to whoever chooses to import it.
Legally speaking, Jay didn't pay any of the copyright holders a share of his profits while using their logos etc. Morally speaking, Jay deserves to be raked across the coals. He's a fucking pig.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.