• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:39:27 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Contructive "criticism" from Youtube

Started by GDUBMX, August 01, 2017, 01:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

August 01, 2017, 01:42:07 PM Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 01:43:52 PM by GDUBMX

<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Mace-x

"you feel like dead weight in the air"

Well, then grab your real bike, jump straight and then, in mid air try to whip of move the bike, thereĀ“s little you can do actually, most whips and air movements comes from the force the rider apply to the bike on the face of the jump, altrought he does have a point, thig game is too stiff yet.

Bj Slice

Nah that guy obviously did not put some more time playing the game. Can't whip can't scrub? I don't think he's had the effort to learn the game to begin with. He's used to playing arcade mx games. If he played much time in Mxsim then he probably knows that he needs to figure out stuffs before everything will work based on his ride style. I've started playing not too long ago but I can say this game has the most realistic feel. Gravity, real sense of speed, POV and of course the tracks and its jumps are awesome tbh. Though there is a lot of room for improvement, this game now feels better than any other mx games I played.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

joao santos 17

Pooor Derek  a good game its like you jump straight and in mid air you turn and throw a huge whip  ....ok you know you are a arcady motocross player

𝖙𝖋𝖈

This is clearly someone judging a simulation against the arcade games they've played instead of real life riding. How do these people exist! A few hundred years ago they probably didn't.. natural selection would have got him ;D

Bj Slice

Does the demo version has the updates in the beta 6 version? if not then I cannot blame the guy too. He based his opinion on his personal experience with the game. Maybe update the demo since it's the invitation for new players  to get the full game? I am just a racer though.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

joao santos 17

I think the demo version was the same .....but not include the custom bike and tracks .... Only MSM and practice track i think

BadStar

The guy has no concept of physics.. If you state that MXvsATV "Reflex" is still the best, you lose me on the rest of the argument.. and that's coming from a die hard mxvsatv fan
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Bj Slice

Quote from: joao santos 17 on August 01, 2017, 09:21:51 PM
I think the demo version was the same .....but not include the custom bike and tracks .... Only MSM and practice track i think

I am referring to the physics by the way, as the convincing factor that got me into the game was the modding the full version can offer. I was hesitant to buy the full game at first but I know there was something more to this game than what the demo alone shows.

joao santos 17

Yes BJ you have an example OEM bikes .....

pacopastor34

I played for a long time MXBikes and I think  physics need a lot of improvements, that guy maybe didn't play so much the game but physics aren't the best right now. IMO there are big bugs on landing, lean and tyre simulation. Weird spinnings... I have never seen before a bike rebounding when landing a jump... In MXbikes the tyres look like big hard rubber donuts over asphalt or concrete, not mud or sand.

Anyway the game is good atm, it only needs improvements. Hopefully Piboso can implant himself two more hands and write more code...

philiaN

August 03, 2017, 03:17:09 PM #11 Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:40:29 PM by PiBoSo
Quotei have bought every mx game,mx sim,encore,alive,mxgp2,3,reflex witch feels the best

loinen

Quote from: pacopastor34 on August 02, 2017, 03:01:32 PM
I played for a long time MXBikes and I think  physics need a lot of improvements, that guy maybe didn't play so much the game but physics aren't the best right now... In MXbikes the tyres look like big hard rubber donuts over asphalt or concrete, not mud or sand.

Not the best physics? Okay, it's not perfect but your words make me think that there are some games with better one. Do you have any examples of better physics games?
Well, maybe tyres look like what you said but they (or bike) don't feel like that in terms of physics while moving, this - comparing to 'proverbial' mxsim where i feel like moving over stone surface, hate it.

Ruubs

Quote from: loinen on August 05, 2017, 05:00:26 AM
I played for a long time MXBikes and I think  physics need a lot of improvements, that guy maybe didn't play so much the game but physics aren't the best right now... In MXbikes the tyres look like big hard rubber donuts over asphalt or concrete, not mud or sand.

Not the best physics? Okay, it's not perfect but your words make me think that there are some games with better one. Do you have any examples of better physics games?
Well, maybe tyres look like what you said but they (or bike) don't feel like that in terms of physics while moving, this - comparing to 'proverbial' mxsim where i feel like moving over stone surface, hate it.
Not saying MXS feels more realistic, but it definitly is more fun right now. The main reason for that is because MXS is way looser and you can actually push.

pacopastor34

August 06, 2017, 10:53:18 AM #14 Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:56:59 AM by pacopastor34
Quote from: loinen on August 05, 2017, 05:00:26 AM

I feel a lot of limits that an off road bike does not have IRL. In my opinion to simulate a bike(dirtbike in special) is harder than a car in terms of hardware, because of that the Virtual Rider should do some of the work for you. F/B leaning maybe is a bit slow. IMO the rider should have some kind of contact with the ground like in MXS, in the offroad is very important what you do with your legs specially in enduro. There are so many things well done but there are a bunch of thins to change in the game.

Quote from: Sandbiter on August 05, 2017, 11:10:44 AM

Not saying MXS feels more realistic, but it definitly is more fun right now. The main reason for that is because MXS is way looser and you can actually push.

Totally agree, i think those little physics bugs make the game less fun than MXS, even when MXS requires a lot of set up at the beginning. You only have to look at numbers, Numbers doesn't lie(I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SIMULATION, I'M TALKING ABOUT FUN FACTOR).