• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:30:45 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX-Bikes Content Site (Changes)

Started by holt619, October 02, 2014, 05:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holt619

There's been some changes to the site (and figured I'd talk about it in this forum since it isn't an off-topic subject anymore).  You can make an account there and it allows you to submit content (the account syncs across the entire FlowTech site).  It displays it nicely and allows you to search for stuff by category and also keywords.  There's a pretty intensive submission form and you can edit your submissions once they are sent.  The biggest change is you no longer need to wait for admin approval to have your content posted.  However, content will still be moderated just can be posted before moderation (helpful because moderators can't get to submissions as often as needed).  Content submissions will show on the profile pages of the people who submitted them. 

Here's the link to the MXB content section: mxbcontent.flowtechmxs.com

Since it's empty at the moment of posting, you can see what the site could look like with some content by looking at the MXS section of the site here.

I posted about this some days ago in off-topic but needed to talk about these changes and figured I'd just make the topic where people will be actually looking for it.

Hope some people find it useful.  I'll get around to seeing what we can do with organized racing as the game gets more people online.

holt619

October 04, 2014, 12:05:05 AM #1 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:00:22 AM by holt619
I'm curious as to if you guys want content to be allowed to be uploaded directly to the site, or if it is better as it is now where you can just paste the links into the boxes?  If people think it would be better to have direct uploads, I can get them working.

EDIT: Well I decided to add a file upload anyways.  So now your content can be hosted directly on the site.  You can still choose to just paste links if you already have it uploaded somewhere.  Uploads are currently limited to 64MB for each submission.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Direct downloads better I think.. Will upload some stuff tomorrow :)