• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:54:11 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Easy recovery from a track exit

Started by mmservice, August 17, 2017, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmservice

Hello, I'm testing MxBikes, because I'm developing a motion platform with a real motorcycle frame, equipped with sensors on the commands(steer, throttle, brakes, gears). At the moment I'm testing the correct functioning of all the commands, and so often I'm going to impact to the barriers or other obstacles, with two different results: the fall(recoverable with R key), or the bike pointed to the barrier with no way to go backward and recover the right way, and the only way I've actually found is the ESC key and 'return to pit'. There is no way to go backward or return to the track easily in these cases? In case of unexperienced users the possibilities of being in this situation will be high. So an easy mode to return on the track should be helpful. There is a rookie mode, to avoid them contiuos falls(I haven't found no level choice)? Is there a user manual of the program?

Rutjes

Keep the reset button pressed for a couple seconds, it will reset you on-track.
2004 Honda CR125R
1984 Chevrolet K30 M1028

teeds

August 18, 2017, 10:22:29 AM #2 Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:26:39 AM by teeds
In addition to the above you can set keys called "Low Speed" on the Input2 page to have the rider push the bike backwards and forwards. I think this forum is the manual.

It would be interesting to see what you're building too mmservice, maybe you could post some pics or vids if you have time?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

mmservice

I've already built a 3DOF motion platform for 2 seat roller coaster simulation, using the Oculus CV1 Headset and it's very funny. Now, on the same base I'm mounting a real motorcycle frame, I'm builting all the adapters for the sensors, having all the main commands available for the driver. I hope to publish something very soon...

BadStar

Quote from: mmservice on August 20, 2017, 01:40:38 PM
I've already built a 3DOF motion platform for 2 seat roller coaster simulation, using the Oculus CV1 Headset and it's very funny. Now, on the same base I'm mounting a real motorcycle frame, I'm builting all the adapters for the sensors, having all the main commands available for the driver. I hope to publish something very soon...

awesome
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime