• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Performance issues on laptop Nvidia GPU

Started by arnzzz, September 11, 2017, 04:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnzzz

I have a laptop, specs below...

• Intel i7 6700HQ @ 2.60ghz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
  • 8gb ram
  • Corsair SSD
  • 1080p display

This laptop plays most modern games a reasonable settings, and using Nvidia control panel i can select whether any game uses the Integrated Intel graphics or the dedicated Nvidia graphics. Obviously the Nvidia graphics result is massive performance improvements for almost all games.

I just installed MXB again after months of not playing. Last time I played it was on my old crappy laptop, I was excited to see how smooth i could play using this better machine. I was shocked to find i was getting about 20fps @ 1080p using the Nvidia card on my new laptop! I put ALL settings to their minimums including changing the resolution to 720p and it still sits around 20fps.

I thought id test the integrated Intel gfx but i was not expecting much from them. But in fact I got a reasonably steady 60-70fps on the intel gfx!

Whats going on with this? Is this purely an NVIDIA driver issue? Have other people had issues with mobile Nvidia GPU's? Is there a work around so I can crank up the settings and get MXB looking half decent again?

CSchmied986

Mace-x

impossible, i play on a gt 650m and everything in high runs at around 30 fps, some drops here and there but decent.

update drivers and make sure you are actually using the nvidia graphics card.