• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:44 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

How to update

Started by PiBoSo, September 20, 2017, 01:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

September 20, 2017, 01:32:08 PM Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:48:02 AM by PiBoSo
To update MX Bikes to a newer version:
1) download the latest version: http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=downloads
2) go to the folder where MX Bikes is installed ( usually C:\Program Files\MX Bikes\ ) and backup any mods ( paints, bikes, tracks, etc... )
3) manually delete the MX Bikes installation folder
4) [this step is only needed to perform a "clean" update] go to My Documents/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/ and delete everything except the file license.ini and the "mods" folder
5) install the new build
6) restore the addons in the MX Bikes installation folder

Rantsu

Does the steam version update automatically?

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Ehle

So if we have the steam version, do we still uninstall with all of the mods backed up? Because I haven't been able to get into any servers at all. Just keeps telling me that I have a data mismatch for just about every bike even though I have only downloaded the OEM packs for the bikes.

teeds

If you have the Steam version here's no need to uninstall to update the game, it will just happen when you open Steam. The mismatch error says you must have some outdated mod bikes somewhere, remove all mod bikes from everywhere and just re-unzip the OEM mod bikes back after. New version just out btw - http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1979.0
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Ehle

Quote from: teeds on November 08, 2019, 09:45:45 AMIf you have the Steam version here's no need to uninstall to update the game, it will just happen when you open Steam. The mismatch error says you must have some outdated mod bikes somewhere, remove all mod bikes from everywhere and just re-unzip the OEM mod bikes back after. New version just out btw - http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1979.0
Alright thank you.

Tarmtango

If steam is automatically why isnt is showing as updated in downloads? how do i know otherwise if it is?

teeds

In Steam you can "Verify Integrity of Game Files", if that checks out you're good to go. The last update will only have been very small and is possibly easy to miss, not done it myself yet though.

Tarmtango

No it cant be updated since all my updates shows up in downloaded if there is an update! and just now when i was playing a got a 5 sec freeze when someone joined :(

teeds

December 04, 2019, 09:31:53 AM #10 Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:41:04 AM by teeds
Yea that bug still seems to be present unfortunately.

BTW which server were you in when this happened?

Tarmtango

Yeah but now its not every player joining but the freezes are longer. i cant remember but its been the same in every server :)

teeds

Ahh k, I only ask as the patches 13b and 13c are compatible so any server you used yesterday might not have been up to date.

HankMacAtee

May 11, 2021, 05:24:21 AM #13 Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 05:28:26 AM by HankMacAtee
Hello,  know this post is old but was wondering if it is completely necessary to delete the profiles folder (\Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes\profiles) when updating as instructed above. This deletes all the saved profiles and control data and is kind of a pain to have to re-input all of the info. Does leaving the old profile after updating cause some kind of error? Not the biggest deal but would be cool to know for future updates to possibly save some time. Thanks.

teeds

With some releases this is needed due to certain changes, Piboso will let us know per Beta. But also if you're having problems this is a good thing to do.