• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:20 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Spring Creek 2016 - WIP

Started by philiaN, October 13, 2017, 05:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj Slice

October 20, 2017, 04:23:54 PM #30 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:38:35 PM by Bj Slice
Ohh thanks Phil. Video is now viewable. By the way I like the grip the track provides with not so much traction so I can still hit the triples.
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Twitch135

Gonna be fun to ride with others on this track.  :)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

philiaN

philiaN

is there someone who wants to do the objects + placement for this track? And the other tracks im planning to do..

@Norcal are you still wanna help when you are back?

giopanda

Quote from: philiaN on October 26, 2017, 08:10:31 PM
is there someone who wants to do the objects + placement for this track? And the other tracks im planning to do..

count me in for objects as soon as i'm done with Lierop..
i also plan to share all the generic objects i'm doing for that so they might be useful for everyone.

philiaN

Awesome thank you so much @giopanda

im uploading the whole Project, if you need any changes to the base heightmap for some object placements, just tell me and i will change it :)

I haven't done the "last touch" on the base, cause i dont know if i need to change anything :D

You will find it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwkVCs_TRhy5SjdkRU1Bd0pHRnM

Ruubs

What track is that @philiaN?

Such a bummer that I can't do a lot these months. Really want to help you guys out some more.

Any pictures you could show of Lierop @giopanda? All the trees and the sand should make it one of the prettiest tracks just like in real life. Can't wait to ride it!

philiaN

Ruubs

Oh DUH! Now I see it!
Can't wait to see any pictures of that either.

philiaN

October 26, 2017, 10:28:28 PM #39 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:32:43 PM by philiaN

I hope some of you can help me.. I feel like the scale isnt right....

In my geolocations i left a wide distance to the track, so i can later cut where i want.. e.g.

The cut out is way smaller..

My scale for the cut out is 57
Piboso said the scale is from black to white.. so does it mean my track is way smaller than 57? Because the range isnt from black to white it is: 21% black to 88% white

If thats the case: I just have to do the math: 21 % + 12% = 33% 57 + 33% = 75,81

Help pls :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sorry Phil, was in London with the kids the last 2 days. Didn't have a proper chance to think about your PM..

If you give a height value in your HMF and THT of say 57, it means your track in MX bikes will be 57 from the lowest point (black) to the highest point (white). As I use L3DT, when you export your heightmap it automatically re-grades it to make full use of the colourspace making the lowest point black and the highest point white. Some heightmaps don't use pure black or white. If your's doesn't, you just need to find the lowest point and the highest point of the area the heightmap covers on google maps and find the value from that.

philiaN

October 26, 2017, 11:11:57 PM #41 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:17:03 PM by philiaN
Quote from: TFC on October 26, 2017, 11:02:18 PM
you just need to find the lowest point and the highest point of the area the heightmap covers on google maps and find the value from that.

That is exactly what i did, but still if the range from scale is 0-100% and my heightmap just using a range of 67% doenst this mean that my height map is 33% smaller than it should be? Hope you understand my problem :D

I think the lowest point is 0 (black)
and the hightest is 57 (white)

that means

my lowest point is around 12 (21% black)
and my highest is around 50 (88% white)

so my range is 38 instead of 57

Hope that helps to understand my problem :D

philiaN

but first i will try the upscaling method (both should work)

the scale 57 (meters) is def. correct according to google :D

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I understand what you're getting at, I just don't think that's how it works.

I've always thought that MXB takes the lowest point and the highest point and makes the distance between the two whatever you define.

This means it doesn't matter if your ground zero is 0 black or 20 grey, as long as 20 grey is your lowest point.

If you want to be sure though, import your heightmap into L3DT and export it as a .raw. it automatically redoes the gradient and converts it to a 0 black and 255 white heightmap. However my guess is the actual size you end up with in game is going to be the same..

If I'm wrong someone please correct me. Please also try saving as .raw using L3dt, I'd love to know if there's any difference in game height wise.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Also worth adding, the only benefit to using pure black and white as ground and peak level, is having the full range of black to white for your detail. If you have grey to light grey as your ground to peak level, you're restricting the amount of shades of grey that can be used within that range thus less detail.

This is why L3dt converts your heightmap to black to white as default.