• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:39:23 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Hi guys!

Started by Manu, October 18, 2017, 12:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: pacopastor34 on October 18, 2017, 05:18:26 PM
Some people here will tell you that they don't like ripped bike models but they use them in the campionships, that's something that I can not understand.
I'm clever enough to understand that this community won't stop ripping models and I don't want anyone to have an edge on me while racing. That's the reason why I'm using it in official racing. Doesn't change the fact that it isn't right that anyone steals from anywhere.

pacopastor34

Quote from: Sandbiter on October 18, 2017, 06:03:29 PM
Quote from: pacopastor34 on October 18, 2017, 05:18:26 PM
Some people here will tell you that they don't like ripped bike models but they use them in the campionships, that's something that I can not understand.
I'm clever enough to understand that this community won't stop ripping models and I don't want anyone to have an edge on me while racing. That's the reason why I'm using it in official racing. Doesn't change the fact that it isn't right that anyone steals from anywhere.

Ok, your argument is like: I cry with every cow that those evil butchers kill but, MAN HOW GOOD TASTES THAT BEEF STEAK!

philiaN

two things are important

OEM (should still work perfectly in b7) and
ALL the new animations for the bike we get in b7 (old: clutch/front brake/chains new: rear suspension/spring/cables and brake lines animations)

PizzaChet

Quote from: Manu on October 18, 2017, 01:06:31 PM
Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal.

Steve Jobs.
Good reference. He stole GUI technology directly from Xerox and released the Macintosh before Bill Gates was able to release Windows and well before Xerox got their tech out. They both were on the same tour of Xerox when they were shown the prototype "mouse" and graphical user interface we all credit Mac and Windows for "innovating". I think it's terribly ironic that people that sold models of Kawi's and KTM's scream and yell that you didn't buy their model, but they haven't gained permission nor paid copyrights on the brands they modeled. Lifting models right out of a game, however, is a riskier proposition.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

pacopastor34

We need to play more and write less. Pib release that Beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MX Bikes unchained!!!

Asdrael

Quote from: philiaN on October 18, 2017, 06:34:48 PM
OEM (should still work perfectly in b7)

Not sure yet, but even if they do, I already have a list of things I want to change getting into b7. So yeah, prepare for a re-DL sometimes after b7 release.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Mace-x

Quote from: Manu on October 18, 2017, 10:00:19 PM
Honda CRF 450

looks good!
a bit low poly tho but overall good, is from the mxgp series?

Manu

philiaN

def. looks good, is that the highest poly you get or can you go higher? if you can go higher :)

Manu

Around 60K polys max.

pacopastor34

It is from MXGP. It is 2016 Crf

GDUBMX

Quote from: pacopastor34 on October 19, 2017, 10:30:12 AM
It is from MXGP. It is 2016 Crf

yeah i was gonna say it looks like those weird ones from mxgp 3, looks like the 3d modeller just grabbed part of the seat and raised it up thinking it actually looked good? honestly..
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

If we're gonna have rips, wouldn't it be best to wait for supercross the game? :P

Asdrael

I am siding with the Krokett-eating expat on this one.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord