• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:59:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Gio pandas message..

Started by GDUBMX, October 23, 2017, 11:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

October 23, 2017, 11:20:11 AM Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:25:38 AM by GDUBMX
I presume everyone got this message, what are your thoughts? Personally I know he was a very talented guy for mx sim and this seems like a great idea, all be it someone wants to take the time.. But with the recent news about netcode and things, is there much point or am I being pessimistic?

hello guys!

long time no see..looks like things are going great here!
i think i might get back to mxbikes after a long time, been stuck with work and life in general..

as you might know (or not) i did a lot of modding back in mxsim times, mostly national tracks replicas.

so i'm here to offer you guys (and the whole MOD team actually) everything i have left of those tracks, hoping to help you out and save you some time and hard work building up stuff.

for now i have unadilla and thunder valley, all files (heightmaps, tons of textures, overlays edited from google earth etc.) except photoshop files for terrains..

i know they are old layouts but i worked for months just to get the basic terrain heightmap correct in case of future layout changes, so it would be just a matter of smoothing some jumps and add the new ones..

i hope to be able to get back also redbud, maggiora mxgp and also had almost complete lierop mxgp i started back in mxbikes beta1.

so if you're interested, since i won't have much time (if any at all) to mod again i'm offering you everything i have, all i ask in change is to be kept in the loop of development for some feedback.

just let me know,

cheers

gio
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Ruubs

I'm apperently not good enough. Didn't get the message from Gio. Lierop sounds sick though.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

October 23, 2017, 05:59:32 PM #2 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:01:16 PM by TFC
Nope I didn't get a message from gio either..

But, we have red bud and I've just started on the Unadilla 2016 objects in preparation for b7 release. Should I stop?  :P

Still, a kind offer gio. My vote would be for you to finish what you've started. I'm sure you'll find time eventually.

giopanda

October 24, 2017, 09:21:58 AM #3 Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:30:54 AM by giopanda
Hey guys, nice to see my pm posted publicly :)
Jk, it was just sent to geo and gdub just because I was already in contact with them back then, and didn't want to spam everyone.. So no one has been left out because not worth.

Anyway, I know redbud is done and Unadilla is in the making but you know, maybe having two versions with different layouts might have been a good idea.. But i guess it should be easier to start from the same base anyway.
My Lierop is basically done on the visual side (layout, texture, objects and textures), all it needs is all the fiddling with terrain deformation and stuff, things that might take me a lot of time since I never even read how to set them.. So if anyone is interested and want to have a go with it just let me know.
Then I might take on Thunder Valley next..

Quote from: GDUBMX on October 23, 2017, 11:20:11 AMwith the recent news about netcode and things, is there much point or am I being pessimistic?

i still have pages and pages to read about development since i left after beta3..but what's going on?
has track development halted or did i miss something else?

Asdrael

If what is left to do in Lierop is deformation and "layers" of terrain textures and materials, as well as the race data stuff, I can finish it. Send me your work folder and a quick explanation of what is what. I just dont want to mess with heightmaps and objects anymore really.

Is the heightmap adapted from MXS or made for MXB fresh and more importantly, tested and validated?
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

giopanda

Quote from: Asdrael on October 24, 2017, 10:23:00 AM
Is the heightmap adapted from MXS or made for MXB fresh and more importantly, tested and validated?

made from scratch for mxb..
the only problem is that it doesn't work anymore in game..
i re did all the procedures from philian's thread and map.bat crashes..
i can do it without the params.ini in map.bat and it works, i can see it in mapviewer but crashes in game when i load it and is syncing..

would you able to troubleshoot it if i send you the folder?

philiaN

I can do it :) Asdrael has no time until sunday  ;)

Asdrael

Yeah what phil said. I do have time starting Monday though.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

giopanda

Quote from: Asdrael on October 26, 2017, 12:30:00 PM
Yeah what phil said. I do have time starting Monday though.
thanks!
he's having a look at it in the meantime

Asdrael

Don't forget to keep your tracktools kit up to date to. Sometimes stuff changes and breaks compatibility.

And the safest thing you can do to trouble shoot is a fresh download of the tool kit, and run it only changing the heightmap input. Beside that, the usual culprits are 1. typo in a file (a comma exchanged for a point, a space between decimals, non-matching names between file types etc), 2. a non-fused or non-closed centerline.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord