• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:38:43 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

bike export.

Started by Alex, October 30, 2017, 01:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

i have supermini and wheels i made for it ready for game and also a kx125 and my other dunlop mx32 wheels

can anyone send me a setup of a bike ready for export?
i saw chris got p2sta wheel in game if you could send me the wheels that are ready for export also that would be cool so i can learn to get these bikes in game. i know theres all the documents and info for it but i just want a bike and wheels ready for export to check it out/make sure.
thanks

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey man..

Well wheels I can't help with. The only person I know who managed to get wheels properly into game was RC with his pitbike. I know others have managed to get the wheels in but I don't know to what extent. I'd worry about the bike first, which should help you figure out the wheels if someone doesn't come forward.

Start off by reading this http://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php/Bike_Creation_Guide

It's a step by step, and necessary.

Then download the bike template. http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=974.0

The bike template is a blender file containing the basic bike shape, parts and groups so you can see how your bike should be laid out. You can export the bike template and run it through fbx2edf with the export script then put the edf in your final folder and see it in game pretty easily. This shows you what you need to do to get your bike ready for export.

Hope that helps.

rc4187

Hey Alex... if you want to catch me on steam sometime I can help guide you with wheels and bikes and whatever else.
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990491920

Wheels are much like the bikes.
There are a few scripts and you can open the pitbike wheels to get an idea.

All textures and shader scripts work the same as bikes before going through .fbx to .edf.

just be sure to get scale right and you'll need to change some things in the script such as wheel radius, width, etc.

If you want to do an animated chain, that's trickier... but I have been able to get it working. It took me a lot of trial and error to get it to face the right direction and rotate properly. basically the chain has to have a separate material on it, can't remember exactly what it needs to be named off the top of my head... but then in the script you set that material to scroll (animate).

I'm pretty busy usually, but it is possible to catch me on steam.
Good luck

Ruubs

Quote from: rc4187 on October 31, 2017, 04:33:01 PM
Hey Alex... if you want to catch me on steam sometime I can help guide you with wheels and bikes and whatever else.
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990491920

Wheels are much like the bikes.
There are a few scripts and you can open the pitbike wheels to get an idea.

All textures and shader scripts work the same as bikes before going through .fbx to .edf.

just be sure to get scale right and you'll need to change some things in the script such as wheel radius, width, etc.

If you want to do an animated chain, that's trickier... but I have been able to get it working. It took me a lot of trial and error to get it to face the right direction and rotate properly. basically the chain has to have a separate material on it, can't remember exactly what it needs to be named off the top of my head... but then in the script you set that material to scroll (animate).

I'm pretty busy usually, but it is possible to catch me on steam.
Good luck

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1485.45

Have you ever had any of those problems? Would love to see Mace's wheels in game!

rc4187

October 31, 2017, 05:39:19 PM #5 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:10:52 PM by PiBoSo
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1485.45

Have you ever had any of those problems? Would love to see Mace's wheels in game!

Which issues? adding mud maps, reflections, spec, norm, etc?

It's the same as bikes. you pack them all in the .fbm for the .fbx before running through fbx2edf.
you'll need all the same kind of scripts you would for bike shaders as well.

Alex

thanks alot for the replys and info. appreciate it

Alex

someone should make a tutorial vid on this for sure

Alex

everytime i try to save my details it says i dont have permission to save it. even though its running as admin.
just goes back to default
this is the same with everything else. wont let me save.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I get this if I copy something from the original game files to edit. If you download Notepad++ (free) it allows you to 'save as administrator'.

Alex

i have notepad++ how do you save as admin.cant find any info about that. shouldnt have to if the program is already running as admin.
i can see this becoming a fucking nightmare once again.

Asdrael

Are you sure you have unzipped/unpacked the files you are trying to modify?
Are you sure they are not read only?
Have you tried copying contents into a new text file?
Have you tried making a copy of the file to modify?

Honestly, if you can't write a .txt or an .ini, it's not the game's fault.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Alex

no im not sure about any of it. hence the topic.
i haven't tried copying the file because i didn't think of that. first time doing this so for me its not like 'oh that didnt work ill try this other thing ive done before to fix it'
i have no idea. tried following the guide gone over it a bunch of times but at end of the day nothing is saving anyway.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

In Notepad++, when you try and save a file that has permission issues it will say something like 'Can't save, do you want to run Administrator mode?'. You click 'Yes', it re-opens the file (with your changes) and you hit 'save' again and it works.

Alternatively, you should be able to copy all files to your desktop, then move the copies back and it should work.

But Asdrael is right, this problem is nothing to do with the bike making process.