• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:35:51 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

250F's or four fiddys !

Started by Heathen, October 31, 2017, 11:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heathen

So, im new to the community and the game. i'm haveing a blast as it is for now, my question tho is what do you guys ride ? the small or the big bikes ?
I my self cant seem to get a handle on the 450's yet, they are to "slippery" without propper throttle control.

If you aint mixing Gas you aint hauling Ass ;)

GDUBMX

250f all the way mate, the 450 is fun but I only have fun on it with traction control on.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Heathen

Quote from: GDUBMX on October 31, 2017, 11:53:00 PM
250f all the way mate, the 450 is fun but I only have fun on it with traction control on.

Ahh well feels great that im not the only one feeling that way, been watching alot of your youtube videos mate ! actually running your setup with small modifications, thanks for the videos etc you put up =)

philiaN

November 01, 2017, 12:47:05 AM #3 Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:00:34 AM by philiaN
Yea the 250 are def. easier to handle! As a beginner you can turn on traction and brake help in the settings -> simulation. It helps alot. I'm also riding since 2 weeks with these little helpers and i was riding since beta3 without it, but atm it feels way better.. iam pretty sure in b7 i will turn it off again

Heathen

Quote from: philiaN on November 01, 2017, 12:47:05 AM
Yea the 250 are def. easier to handle! As a beginner you can turn on traction and brake help in the settings -> simulation. It helps alot. I'm also riding since 2 weeks with these little helpers and i was riding since beta3 without it, but atm it feels way better.. iam pretty sure in b7 i will turn it off again

I played with those on for 3/4 hours of play time, then i turned them off, want to make sure that when it comes to "racing time" and if that stuff needs to be off, i wont be in trouble hehe.
Thanks for the tips there anyway mate!

Is there any racing happeing these days ? would be fun to join up to see how bad i realy am xD

Asdrael

450f or 125 2 strokes, all OEM. Cause I can :p (all helps off beside auto tyre changes :p ).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

I like 250s more as well, but just because people can actually catch me on those and I can battle with someone instead of winning by 1 min every race ::)

Heathen

Quote from: Asdrael on November 01, 2017, 11:20:07 AM
450f or 125 2 strokes, all OEM. Cause I can :p (all helps off beside auto tyre changes :p ).

How do you manage that 450 man xD And yeah i do the OEM bikes to, i use the one stop shop so that great.

Asdrael

Just need a proper setup and good throttle control for 450 compared to 250. It's much more sensitive to "wrong' inputs and a good setup makes or breaks a track for a 450.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Twitch135

I like riding all the bikes, but mainly riding the 450 since the series since I got use to it.  :)
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

Bj Slice

450 all the way. You need that horsepower bruh promise.   ;)
"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Heathen

Quote from: Bj Slice on November 04, 2017, 07:53:47 AM

Hm Bj, might have to test it out then, i guess its all about " patiance and throttle controll" with that bike.

do you guys use any riding assistance with the 450 ?

Ruubs

Quote from: Heathen on November 04, 2017, 12:09:27 PM
Quote from: Bj Slice on November 04, 2017, 07:53:47 AM

Hm Bj, might have to test it out then, i guess its all about " patiance and throttle controll" with that bike.

do you guys use any riding assistance with the 450 ?
It's definitely throttle control. The more control you have, the faster you'll go.

I don't use any assistance except for auto clutch.

The track I learned the 450 on was Florida Test Tracks. Not too rough, not too easy, good jumps, nice lines, overall just a great track.