• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:51:08 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Ottobiano Motorsport - WIP

Started by giopanda, November 04, 2017, 10:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex_Damien

a tip from with bumps, or how i did them for my track, lower them instead of raise.. and only slighly have them dip.. deform will do alot ;)

giopanda

Actually what bothers me the most are those long waves in the sand, can't seem to find the perfect balance between length and height.
As for smaller and breaking bumps i'll just do some to have the track less smooth, but I guess the biggest part will be done with deformation.
But thanks for the tip anyway :)

P. S. Has anyone ever tried adding ambient sounds? Would it be worth to try it?

Ruubs

Quote from: giopanda on November 08, 2017, 03:50:17 PM
Actually what bothers me the most are those long waves in the sand, can't seem to find the perfect balance between length and height.
As for smaller and breaking bumps i'll just do some to have the track less smooth, but I guess the biggest part will be done with deformation.
But thanks for the tip anyway :)

P. S. Has anyone ever tried adding ambient sounds? Would it be worth to try it?

I have added ambient sounds on some of my tracks. Archview and Enduro de Heuvelenberg are the ones I think. Having some proper sounds to put on the track will definitely increase the quality of the track, though if you have bad ones it can break it as well. Not saying my sounds were any good either, but it's fun to experiment with.

As for sand waves, have a look at Southwick. Groomed southwick doesn't have a lot of waves, but the original one does. The groomed version forms the long waves via deformation though.

giopanda

thanks man, i'll have a look at both the tracks and to some forest/nature sounds to add!

cheers

GDUBMX

Hey Gio, any updates on this and Lierop?
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

giopanda

not yet..
i got back to the game last week but i plan to finish both tracks before the end of summer!

giopanda

quick update!
heightmap done, textures almost done, working on bumps and jumps then objects!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Looking good man! Will be nice to have some tracks from another creator. If you need any help if you encounter problems feel free to PM me or add me on steam / discord. I've probably run into most problems at one time or another :)

GDUBMX

Holy crap, just realized this is my fave track so far on MXGP Pro!

giopanda

Quote from: GDUBMX on July 04, 2018, 07:25:02 PM
awesome!
it's 45 minutes from where i live and never been there.. :D

anyway here's a little update:
started placing objects and refining the heightmap for bumps and ruts.
also added the surrounding area as a 3d object since the area is super flat and couldn't hide the other tracks with anything..

let me know what you think guys!
cheers

view of the area (international track in the foreground)

turn 2 with mechanics area on the left

view from the pit area

Caresana MX Park as a 3d object

this should have windows..

philiaN

great work so far! I'm sure it will be so much fun to ride :)

GDUBMX

wow thats world class, really well done mate. cant believe how high quality it looks. agree with Phil, looks really fun to ride! Can wait for the release man. :D

Asdrael

Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

CSchmied986

Quote from: GDUBMX on July 04, 2018, 07:25:02 PM

Holy crap, you just admitted to playing MXGP Pro.... :o ???