• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:45:14 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Logitech F510?

Started by Massot713, November 08, 2017, 01:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Massot713

Dear all,

I tested the GP bikes demo and felt in love. In fact, I am happy with the Logitech F510. I have the throttle on the left stick, and the leaning right and left on the right stick, with forward and backward lean on that last one as well.

I am now in the process of testing and (hopefully buy) the MX bikes, but I can't seem to be able to enjoy it with the same gamepad.

Any of you is using the F510 and would like to share the setup? I am not asking about whips, I am asking a general logic on how you guys ride with a traditional gamepad such as mine.

thanks!

BadStar

November 08, 2017, 01:29:04 AM #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:31:10 AM by BadStar
https://shashinki.com/shop/images/LGT-F510.jpg

Are u talking about this one??

If so, I highly recommend throttle and brakes be on the triggers on the back of the pad.

Left joy should be lean (steering)

Right joy is rider lean f/b & l/r.. (body movement)

Hope that helps at all
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

This is pretty standard (the stuff in blue).. although many ride with MUCH diff set-ups (Snappe, lol)

I didn't add everything I have mapped bc its really user specific.. but the things with blue squares are pretty important.

also, "clickable" joystick like on an xbox pad is awesome. very good for sit/stand man.. I got my controller for $20 "rock candy" brand.

Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Massot713

Thanks Badstar, I think I had that set up more or less.

I tried to use the throttle on my left stick such as I have on GP bikes, and couldn`t deal with everything.

I actually have L2 as a throttle and L1 as brakes, which means is either 0 or 1, which sucks a little bit.

Then green and yellow are upshit and downshift, Lean on the left stick and Rider lean on the right stick.

And here is where I am blocked, even with this set up, I can't "enjoy it". I am not asking for awesome whips, but for a reasonable fast driving. I've been playing 1 hour a day for the last 3 days now. Any other setups that you could recommend?

BadStar

Curious..

Whats keeping you from putting throttle on the right trigger (not button) and both brakes on the left trigger (not button)?

Ever consider an xbox controller? they are better designed for your hands..joysticks are further apart and fit the hand better.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

Also, I must say.. MX-Bikes takes a while to get comfy with for a lot of players (I was one of them).. some people catch on quick but it took me a while to stop crashing everywhere.

With that said, it was well worth the effort!

Other things besides controller set-up could be also causing conflicts (besides just being new to the physics of the sim)

like,
auto rider lean
auto dab
etc etc

I recommend just turning those off anyway. you can make every turn without touching the rider lean if you wish.

**important**

Make sure your controls are mapped proper, this is an EASY mistake and the way the devs coded the mapping makes it easy for the eyes to miss, causing inverted controls. You may not even realize your rider lean could be inverted and causing some phyics issues.

When you map rider lean it will then ask you "assign rider lean left" make sure to hit left and so on.   For some reason many players have missed this on the early days, including myself.

You can also "see" your control input in the settings menu.. if anything is inverted it will show you as you press them.
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

BadStar

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Gamepad-Joystick-Microsoft-Windows/dp/B01F9B019Y/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1510185042&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=xbox+controller+wired+for+pc&psc=1

or

what i have (even though I KNOW i got it at walmart  or target for $20..maybe on a sale)

https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Candy-Xbox-360-Controller-Blue/dp/B008U2XE9O/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510185085&sr=1-1&keywords=rock%2Bcandy%2Bxbox%2Bcontroller%2Bwired%2Bfor%2Bpc&dpID=51n%252BMImqtAL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Massot713

Thanks for your inputs guys.

My main concern now is jumping. I dont mean whips, just jumping. I keep a steady throttle, and when I try to move the rider lean backwards or forwards it is sooo easy to end up rotating and crashing. I am right now in the stage of trying to get used on sitting and standing up in the corners and breaking efectively, also.

BadStar

stand on all jumps until you get better.. I will say that.

as far as rider lean on a jump (dont touch it for now and just see what happens).. that will give you an idea if you are too heavy on the throttle at the top/leaving the ground.

Just as irl if you are too heavy on the throttle as you launch the bike will want to rotate backward fairly rapid.

Try to jump with most of you throttle on the dirt then let off (takes time to learn)

Also, in reverse.. if you pin it up the jump and drastically let off the throttle the bike may dive forward..

ocnce you start to see what I mean, then use rider F/B lean to fix this (including other more advanced things you can do  later)

DONT GIVE UP, ITS WORTH THE FRUSTRATIONS.. 

I highly recommend Paleta V2 for jump practice..maybe MXB Compound also  (nice large smooth face jumps)
Mon-Fri
Sat/Sun Anytime

Massot713

I am slowly getting in there. Man, this is soooo fun and challenging. I truly enjoy sitting down and standing up, and controlling the bike in the air with the rear brake and the throttle. So cool.

It reminds me of when I started motocross myself many years ago!