• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:56:48 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta7

Started by PiBoSo, November 04, 2017, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDUBMX

OK..

So beta 7 is awesome. The new tracks are fun and really nicely made. Great work.

The forced arcade mode is an odd feature though that I feel perhaps should of be announced before the release. I'm not sure why I feel I have to justify it to people, seems like an odd decision (no offence)

Improved grip levels: I'm not sure if my install messed up but on every stock bike (no mods installed) I have super short gear ratios because the bike is ultra spinning from the start. I've had to adjust the gearing majorly to ride like I would  normally. The 450 is just not right.. To me the 250f feels so much better in terms of grip. The 450 doesn't even feel fun with traction help on like it did in beta6.

The front end washed is still present at the same rate as before (I thought u fixed it) it seems when there is a shift in weight the front end just goes.

A great step forward nonetheless but this beta has brought some baggage with it. I hope this doesn't jade peoples opinions for the worst though.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

EdoKtm21

Quote from: Mace-x on November 05, 2017, 01:18:56 AM
the 250x in mantova in pure gold!  8)
in Mantova i prefer to use the 450, 'cause it's really sandy and it gets more speed than the 250  ;D

Asdrael

Just wanted to say thanks to PiBoSo and Snappe for taking some of our suggestions in, in particular regarding tyres. More changes between surfaces (in particular in resistance), and between wet/dry makes tracks and conditions more interesting.

Now I still don't agree with suspensions and tyre values but I'll come up with a counter proposal soon enough :p
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quick thoughts from a short session last night..

Real good step, traction when cornering still feels like borderline crashing every time, but it also feels more controllable which is nice.

I think the changes to the surfaces or tyre model, whichever or both, is a good thing. I've ridden several old tracks that have a lot of sand and soft soil and they seem to ride much the same, despite the rear traction. It just gives it more of a wild rear end feeling to me which I like.

If Mantova is all sand then it's awesome. Did it come with it's own deformation setting? How did the track look so evenly rutted from the first time I loaded it? I'd love to know, it's a great effect. It handles so well for sand, feels almost perfect to me.

Love it, need to spend more time on it before picking on the negatives. The first ones that come to mind is the bike seems very nose heavy.

Wedgewood

Quote from: GDUBMX on November 05, 2017, 08:49:29 AM
The forced arcade mode is an odd feature though that I feel perhaps should of be announced before the release. I'm not sure why I feel I have to justify it to people, seems like an odd decision (no offence)

What do you mean by forced arcade mode?

Wedgewood

How does Geo's tire mods fit into this new beta?  I understand that the tire mod was just a bandaid to try to remedy the low grip levels.  Will these tires still be relevant with this beta or will they now portray unrealistic behavior?

Wedgewood

Quote from: Wedgewood on November 05, 2017, 01:34:33 PM
How does Geo's tire mods fit into this new beta?  I understand that the tire mod was just a bandaid to try to remedy the low grip levels.  Will these tires still be relevant with this beta or will they now portray unrealistic behavior?

It seems Asdrael has already addressed this in another post, it seems geo tires should not be used.

GDUBMX

Keep an eye out wedge wood. As for the arcade mode, we can no longer adjust the stability helper. It is on 100% although it may say 80. It's like this until Piboso sorts it out mate.

Asdrael

Tyre format has changed, Geo's tyres won't work - so the OEM won't either. I'll update those as soon as I finally make a choice between a few options I have :p
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

pacopastor34

Quote from: Asdrael on November 05, 2017, 01:44:55 PM
Tyre format has changed, Geo's tyres won't work - so the OEM won't either. I'll update those as soon as I finally make a choice between a few options I have :p

Thank you!

teeds

Not played much yet but the rear end is great fun now  ;D
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

giopanda

Quote from: GDUBMX on November 05, 2017, 01:37:07 PM
Keep an eye out wedge wood. As for the arcade mode, we can no longer adjust the stability helper. It is on 100% although it may say 80. It's like this until Piboso sorts it out mate.
Wasn't it already locked at 100% in beta6?

GDUBMX

Quote from: giopanda on November 05, 2017, 03:25:57 PM
Quote from: GDUBMX on November 05, 2017, 01:37:07 PM
Wasn't it already locked at 100% in beta6?

nope, you could adjust it down to zero.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Any reviews / reports on how well online works yet?

Asdrael

It doesn't, I don't know anyone that can connect.
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord