• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta7

Started by PiBoSo, November 04, 2017, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdoKtm21

Quote from: Asdrael on November 05, 2017, 04:27:47 PM
It doesn't, I don't know anyone that can connect.

Today i tried to connect in Nevada Supercross and it connected me instantly  ???

Twitch135

November 05, 2017, 04:47:57 PM #31 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:07:35 PM by Twitch135
Works I was just racing with 5 people. Still see people bouncing around like before. After always riding the OEM bikes, I can't stand these stock bikes.
<br />Donations are greatly appreciated http://paypal.me/TWITCH135

BadStar

November 05, 2017, 04:50:42 PM #32 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:53:32 PM by BadStar
I am really happy with this release!

I really appreciate the small details, like a few paint kits to choose from until you get a mod, etc.

The sand track feels like sand!

We can push the rear a bit harder than before!

The way you pre-rutted the sand track is epic.

I also, love the idea of the "default groove".. cant wait to see how that plays out with the track makers around here.

The rear brake throws the front end down as it should! THANK YOU

I almost thought the same as gdub on the "spinning/gearing" issue..but I have adjusted my play style to a diff throttle control technique and it seems to have gone away.. which seems more realistic!

Bike feels heavier when throwing a whip, which feels more real to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I have issue with is the front end.. it doesn't just wash, it just randomly gives way based on how it touches the earth.

**PLEASE consider doing a smaller updating/patching service to something like the front end..PLEASE**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than that, for now.. 

THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME THE MOST REALISTIC MX GAME (for me) TO DATE!!
Most Active In-Game        PM me and I may be able to race!
Mon-Fri
East Coast: 4p-10p 
Forum Time: 9pm-3am (-5)
Sat/Sun Anytime

Ruubs

What I've been thinking of since people say how Mantavo feels very sandy, is why does the bike slide everywhere if it is sand? When looking at how easily the bikes slide, it looks like a hard pack track. It's very hard to slide your bike around in sand. There's a lot of traction and resistance.

Heathen

Quote from: Sandbiter on November 05, 2017, 05:02:41 PM
What I've been thinking of since people say how Mantavo feels very sandy, is why does the bike slide everywhere if it is sand? When looking at how easily the bikes slide, it looks like a hard pack track. It's very hard to slide your bike around in sand. There's a lot of traction and resistance.

Okey, i have been racing mx bikes in real life since i were 5, and you are absolutly right, i have tried rock hard tracks in spain/france and sandy holes in norway/denmark. the bike is way to slippery and you have to "tip toe" around certain area's its just not realistic for me at all. i know its a game, but its also suppose to be a simulator game.
If you aint mixing Gas you aint hauling Ass ;)

philiaN

Quote from: тғc on November 05, 2017, 04:09:09 PM
Any reviews / reports on how well online works yet?

No problems. teeds, badstar and me are riding fine.. (also paco could connect) and it's way smoother atleast with 3 guys (live replay free roam is working fine, orbit still laggs, but i would say def. smoother overall) the moon jump is def. better but it still sometimes there

Asdrael

Quote from: Sandbiter on November 05, 2017, 05:02:41 PM

I kinda agree disagree - in sand the bike doesn't slide but moves a shit ton under you.

Anyhow, Mantavo is not sand. Ride Southwick, that's sand and it behaves ... drummroll... Sandy. Hhaha I'm so funny.

(Try Southwick for real though).

I also agree with
Quote from: Heathen on November 05, 2017, 05:17:20 PMOkey, i have been racing mx bikes in real life since i were 5, and you are absolutly right, i have tried rock hard tracks in spain/france and sandy holes in norway/denmark. the bike is way to slippery and you have to "tip toe" around certain area's its just not realistic for me at all. i know its a game, but its also suppose to be a simulator game.
to an extent. The big difference here is the lack of feedback and range for input on a gamepad compared to IRL. You don't feel the brake resistance and you can easily over brake in game. This gets better with proper input settings. Try adding like 20% smoothing and go down to 75% linearity on front brake and throttle. But yeah, in game traction is too icy currently to my taste, even with proper technique.
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

Ruubs

I thought Mantova was sand. My mistake!

It is true that in sand the bike moves a shit ton under you. That's however not related to traction, but to all the ruts which a sand track has. the rear tire will always find a rut to be in, thus moving around a lot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiVK0YJhQI).

I wish I could try Southwick! :(

Bj Slice

Ok so I tested the game in this new beta for hours now. Even went overnight to do extensive observation of the changes.

I wanna address stuffs. I know I have not been heard ever but I will try anyway.

Here's my thoughts

The negative stuffs:

The gameplay physics is nice (for newer guys), but if you have your own style that you whip and scrub almost evey jump, this beta is not letting that. You can't scrub like in beta 6, you can't whip hard and bring back your bike staright before landing, you can't even make an oppo now. You can't tap the brake as soon as the bike goes sideways to throw the rear end up and come back down by revving using gyro effect. You can't scrub the jumps now (please try it). Approaching the jump leaning is dangerours, you most often end up crashing. In beta 6, I can scrub the small jumps and bring the bike back upright.

The push and pull of the handlebar is gone. New players are complaining about how slow is the rider movement f/b and it just got slower now. You can't Tomac the rollers because your rider movement can't catch up with the rollers thus you just jump every roller instead and thats not realistic.

It's more of mxs now that rider only shift weight back and fort  without affecting the bike's rotaional angle at all. No more pushing the pegs with your legs when pulling handlebar. Bring it back please.

Spring rebound effect is so much more now that no matter how you adjust the setup it still is bouncy. Rear end kick is always there. Front spring rebound is very strong too. I have played around the setup and see if thw dampening works but they don't if they do, too less to notice.

Lastly, the gyro effect seems too less of an effect to the whole physic of the bike in air. Thus does nothing to help the bike stabilization in air.

The positive stuffs

So I wanna thank you Piboso for the hardwork and the patience with all our hundred of millions of request that not even a God can accomodate them.

The rider animation seems to have improved (although not really much but i feel it's improced) and that's a good thing.

If you have tweaked the sound intensity for the bikes I think it has improved. I tried to check the replay and it sounded really nice.

Cornering is better now in general. Bike handles better in corner, although in sx,bike still has the wash out front end effect that happens sometime but maybe it was just me pushing the bikes limit.

Finally, the new tracks are superb. It only means how capable mx bikes of bringing tracks to as close as to real life which is very important.

Closing

I hope to see back the in air physic of the bike from
beta 6 as it was solid and it really brings scrubbing and whipping feel better.
I hope to see the push and pull of the handlebar effect because it is simply realistic in terms of gameplay and looks.
I am very keen to the important changes of the game and point them out not in reference to what I like for myself, but for general view of how a simulator should be. I know Piboso's team ia more than capable of making this simulator a simulator though. I only hope for the best for this game.

"Practice not until you get it right. But practice until you can never get it wrong, and make it a routine"

Mace-x

@pibs @snape

i know this is superficial but i think that mxb can handle rough terrain pretty good now, is there a chance to see deeper ruts in mantova in the next beta?
also, is bulldozing a feature we might see soon, would love to see terrain go up aswell and form nice rut/berms when pushed!  8)

PizzaChet

Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

Asdrael

Hoh and btw - Nevada track is great and well made (beside the pseudo dragon back after the flat turn, I think the first bump has a wierd kick to it). I wasn't expecting a 1:1 SX to feel so "flowy". It rides really well on stock bikes  if you have a kickass setup. Including the whoops, yaya. Just push rear rebound damping to 15 and you'll blaze the whoops.

Although it made another thing a bit more obvious (and I could verify it on SX tracks I'm more used to). I think the bike is back to having a tendency to not fly straight when jumping and overcompensate for lean angles on take off. Last beta, when taking off with some lean angle, you would jump and the bike would try to -slowly- get back straight. Now, it feels like it's doing a pendulum movement to the other lean side, pretty wierd. Would this have to do with changed stabilizers (not the value in % in the simulation option), gyros, or maybe even with the new AeroX value? (This last one I could try out for myself I guess...).
Donate to me -> feed my coffee addiction -> get more mods!
OEM bikes pack
MXBikes Discord

teeds

Minor thing since b7- can't see the list of who's in a sever when looking at the web server list.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba